Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Billboard Hot 100 Highlights May 28th, 2016


So it's been a little while since we had a song debut at Number 1. Can't say I'm surprised, even if this song is for a kids movie I don't see a lot of interest in. I'll give my thoughts about the song later, obviously, but I will say it kinda deserves the top spot more than One Dance. So there. HIGHLIGHTS TIME!

Top 10

1. Can't Stop The Feeling! by Justin Timberlake (New)
2. One Dance by Drake ft. Wizkid & Kyla (1) (Biggest Airplay Gainer)
3. Panda by Desiigner (2)
4. 7 Years by Lukas Graham (3)
5. I Took A Pill In Ibiza by Mike Posner (4)
6. Work From Home by Fifth Harmony ft. Ty Dolla $ign (5)
7. Don't Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers ft. Daya (7)
8. Work by Rihanna ft. Drake (6)
9. Pillowtalk by Zayn (8)
10. Needed Me by Rihanna (13)

Fell Off Top 10

11. Love Yourself by Justin Bieber (10)
15. This Is What You Came For by Calvin Harris ft. Rihanna (9)

Big Gains (10+)

30. Just Like Fire by P!nk (55) (Biggest Digital Gainer)
36. Don't Mind by Kent Jones (63) (Biggest Stream Gainer)
37. Cut It by O.T. Genasis ft. Young Dolph (57)
38. Cheap Thrills by Sia ft. Sean Paul (48)
41. Too Good by Drake ft. Rihanna (52)
44. Came Here To Forget by Blake Shelton (69)
45. Ride by twenty one pilots (58)
50. T-Shirt by Thomas Rhett (62)
52. All The Way Up by Fat Joe & Remy Ma ft. French Montana & Infared (77)
57. My Church by Maren Morris (80)
58. Mind Reader by Dustin Lynch (78)
59. Never Be Like You by Flume ft. Kai (79)
61. Really Really by Kevin Gates (81)
62. Kiss It Better by Rihanna (76)
65. Wicked by Future (82)
67. If It Ain't Love by Jason Derulo (87)
68. Uber Everywhere by MadeinTYO (84)
69. Might Not by The Weeknd (85)
72. Body by Dreezy ft. Jeremih (92)
75. Light It Up by Major Lazer ft. Nyla & Fuse ODG (90)
77. Head Over Boots by Jon Pardi (94)
78. i hate u i love u by gnash ft. Olivia O'Brien (99)
79. Law by Yo Gotti ft. E-40 (100)

Moderate Gains (5 - 9)

14. Never Forget You by Zara Larsson & MNEK (23)
17. Cake By The Ocean by DNCE (22)
26. Close by Nick Jonas ft. Tove Lo (31)
33. Lost Boy by Ruth B (42)
43. Humble and Kind by Tim McGraw (51)
51. Wild Things by Alessia Cara (56)
53. Huntin', Fishin' & Lovin' Every Day by Luke Bryan (59)
55. Snapback by Old Dominion (60)
60. The Sound of Silence by Disturbed (67)
84. Piece By Piece by Kelly Clarkson (93)
88. Famous by Kanye West (95)

Big Losses (10+)

31. Sorry by Beyoncé (11)
47. Formation by Beyoncé (19)
48. Hold Up by Beyoncé (16)
49. Hype by Drake (33)
56. Still Here by Drake (40)
63. Grammys by Drake ft. Future (38)
66. Childs Play by Drake (49)
71. With You by Drake ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR (47)
73. 9 by Drake (45)
74. Feel No Ways by Drake (53)
80. U With Me? by Drake (44)
82. 6 Inch by Beyoncé ft. The Weeknd (28)
92. Fire & Desire by Drake (75)
99. Team by Iggy Azalea (88)

Moderate Losses (5 - 9)

15. This Is What You Came For by Calvin Harris ft. Rihanna (9)
19. NO by Meghan Trainor (12)
91. Youth by Troye Sivan (83)

Dropouts

Don't Hurt Yourself by Beyoncé ft. Jack White (37, 2 weeks)
Weston Road Flows by Drake (54, 1 week)
Redemption by Drake (61, 1 week)
All Night by Beyoncé (64, 2 weeks)
Freedom by Beyoncé ft. Kendrick Lamar (65, 2 weeks)
Daddy Lessons by Beyoncé (66, 2 weeks)
Keep The Family Close by Drake (68, 1 week)
Pray You Catch Me by Beyoncé (70, 2 weeks)
Sandcastles by Beyoncé (71, 2 weeks)
Faithful by Drake ft. Pimp C & dvsn (72, 1 week)
Love Drought by Beyoncé (73, 2 weeks)
True Colors by Zedd & Kesha (74, 1 week)
Views by Drake (86, 1 week)
Summer Sixteen by Drake (89, 14 weeks)

Returning Entries

64. Wasted Time by Keith Urban
76. Ain't Your Mama by Jennifer Lopez
81. Lights Come On by Jason Aldean (81)
85. Record Year by Eric Church
86. You Don't Own Me by Grace ft. G-Eazy
87. Moolah by Young Greatness
93. Noise by Kenny Chesney
96. Faded by Alan Walker
98. Messin' Around by Pitbull ft. Enrique Iglesias
100. Ophelia by The Lumineers

New Entries

1. Can't Stop The Feeling! by Justin Timberlake
70. Go Ahead And Break My Heart by Blake Shelton ft. Gwen Stefani
83. Into You by Ariana Grande
90. Church Bells by Carrie Underwood

New and Returning Entries Ranked

1. Record Year
Never leave again.

2. Church Bells
A country song about domestic abuse, eh? Definitely feels like something Carrie Underwood would do. And that's why I like Blown Away so much. This is so much better than Heartbeat, please please please let it be a hit.

3. Into You
I've had trouble getting into Ariana's recent singles other than Dangerous Woman, but I think this one actually beats that song. The heavy fuzzy bass does a lot for me. Very danceable and gritty at the same time. Think we have a new classic.

4. Lights Come On
Oh boy am I glad to see this get a second wind. This really could be a hit if country radio would just give it a chance. Definitely the best thing I've ever heard from Jason Aldean. It should be big.

5. You Don't Own Me
I am happy to see this back. Classy and fun while also dark and commanding. I'd love to see this keeps some longevity on the American charts.

6. Can't Stop The Feeling!
Honestly, this isn't bad for a soundtrack hit. So far it seems to be either love-it-or-hate-it, at least with my friends. I personally love it. It's got energy, JT sounds like he's having fun. Has he done better? Yes. But has he also done worse? Also yes. I fully accept this as a huge song.

7. Ophelia
This has remained on the Alternative song chart for a while now, so honestly, why not? I can't stress enough how much better this is than Ho Hey. It's more beautiful instrumentally.

8. Ain't Your Mama
I was originally surprised to find out Meghan Meghans has a writing credit on this, because it's actually doing a feminist message right for a change. And J-Lo definitely delivers. I think I like this more the second time, oddly enough.

9. Faded
You mean Face by Alan Rickman? I'm kinda surprised this fell off at all, since didn't this absolutely blow up internationally? Don't see why it shouldn't also happen in the US, because it's pretty good. Even if the vocalist doesn't always click with me.

10. Moolah
Grown on me. I still can't make out that one part in the chorus. Still, there's a charm to this guy I did not give credit for my first time hearing the song.

11. Noise
I still don't hate this. I definitely appreciate the sentiment, and it's not bad at all for not-really-country. So yeah.

12. Wasted Time
Even though this song is pretty far down, I still like it. Not bad for not-really-country.

13. Messin' Around
Could've done without this returning. It's not necessarily bad, but it's overmixed and just reminds you that you should probably listen to REO Speedwagon's Take It On The Run instead.

14. Go Ahead and Break My Heart
I guess a duet with Shelton and Stefani was only inevitable. Could be because it's live, but I feel pretty much nothing here. Like, these two are dating, why do I not hear a spark? I guess it's not that bad but it's nothing I'm gonna care about or remember after this.

Top 20 Ranked

Great

I Took A Pill In Ibiza
Don't Let Me Down
Me, Myself & I
Never Forget You
Stressed Out
Can't Stop The Feeling!
Love Yourself

Good

7 Years
Dangerous Woman
Needed Me
Cake By The Ocean

Decent

One Dance
Panda
Work
My House
This Is What You Came For

Meh

Pillowtalk

Bad

H.O.L.Y.

Awful

Work From Home
NO

(Total: 69/100)

No comments:

Post a Comment