Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Billboard Hot 100 Highlights June 4th, 2016



Yup. Turns out JT at the top couldn't last. Drake hype never dies, I suppose, as much as I would like it to. I'll still vouch for this, but I still don't think this is a worthy number 1. Plus I'm not really happy Views is getting a second wind; it really doesn't deserve one. The Top 10 was quiet though. HIGHLIGHTS TIME!


Top 10

1. One Dance by Drake ft. Wizkid & Kyla (2)
2. Panda by Desiigner (3)
3. Can't Stop The Feeling! by Justin Timberlake (1) (Biggest Airplay Gainer)
4. 7 Years by Lukas Graham (4)
5. Work From Home by Fifth Harmony ft. Ty Dolla $ign (6)
6. Don't Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers ft. Daya (7)
7. I Took A Pill In Ibiza by Mike Posner (5)
8. Work by Rihanna ft. Drake (8)
9. Pillowtalk by Zayn (9)
10. Needed Me by Rihanna (10)

Big Gains (10+)

22. Controlla by Drake (35) (Biggest Streaming Gainer)
35. Hype by Drake (49)
50. Grammys by Drake ft. Future (63)
55. Childs Play by Drake (66)
59. With You by Drake ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR (71)
60. 9 by Drake (73)
68. U With Me? by Drake (80)
75. Fire & Desire by Drake (92)
79. Church Bells by Carrie Underwood (90)

Moderate Gains (5 - 9)

31. Don't Mind by Kent Jones (36)
33. Too Good by Drake ft. Rihanna (41)
36. Ride by twenty one pilots (45)
47. Still Here by Drake (56)
77. You Don't Own Me by Grace ft. G-Eazy (86)

Big Losses (10+)

63. Formation by Beyoncé (47)
65. Think Of You by Chris Young & Cassadee Pope (54)
74. Hold Up by Beyoncé (48)
78. Kiss It Better by Rihanna (62)
80. Might Not by Belly ft. The Weeknd (69)
87. Light It Up by Major Lazer ft. Nyla & Fuse ODG (75)
91. Lights Come On by Jason Aldean (81)
100. Promise by Kid Ink ft. Fetty Wap (89)

Moderate Losses (5 - 9)

29. Sorry by Justin Bieber (24)
32. My Boo by Ghost Town DJ's (27)
37. Exchange by Bryson Tiller (32)
38. Middle by DJ Snake ft. Bipolar Sunshine (29)
40. Sorry by Beyoncé (31)
41. Stitches by Shawn Mendes (34)
43. Cut It by O.T. Genasis ft. Young Dolph (37)
45. Somewhere On A Beach by Dierks Bentley (40)
48. Roses by The Chainsmokers ft. ROZES (42)
64. My Church by Maren Morris (57)
66. The Sound of Silence (60)
72. If It Ain't Love by Jason Derulo (67)
73. Wasted Time by Keith Urban (64)
88. Law by Yo Gotti ft. E-40 (79)
89. Piece By Piece by Kelly Clarkson (84)
96. Moolah by Young Greatness (87)
98. Noise by Kenny Chesney (93)

Dropouts

Really Really by Kevin Gates (61, 21 weeks)
Go Ahead And Break My Heart by Blake Shelton ft. Gwen Stefani (70, 1 week)
Ain't Your Mama by Jennifer Lopez (76, 2 weeks)
6 Inch by Beyoncé ft. The Weeknd (82, 3 weeks)
Into You by Ariana Grande (83, 1 week)
Famous by Kanye West (88, 6 weeks)
Youth by Troye Sivan (91, 15 weeks)
Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 1 by Kanye West (94, 6 weeks)
I Like The Sound Of That by Rascal Flatts (95, 16 weeks)
Confession by Florida Georgia Line (97, 20 weeks)
Team by Iggy Azalea (99, 8 weeks)
Ophelia by The Lumineers (100, 4 weeks)

Returning Entries

83. Redemption by Drake
84. Weston Road Flows by Drake
85. Keep The Family Close by Drake
90. Faithful by Drake ft. Pimp C & dvsn

New Entries

39. Me Too by Meghan Trainor
67. Wherever I Go by OneRepublic
69. The Fighter by Keith Urban ft. Carrie Underwood
86. No Problem by Chance The Rapper ft. Lil Wayne & 2 Chainz
92. THat Part by ScHoolboy Q ft. Kanye West
93. Blessings by Chance The Rapper ft. Ty Dolla $ign
94. I'm Sorry by Adam Wakefield (Blake Shelton Cover)
99. Unsteady by X Ambassadors

New and Returning Entries Ranked

1. Wherever I Go
Hoooooo boy this is good. Real good. That deep groove is just infectious. It's explosive and sticky. I need to remember to come back to this later. Also the music video is fun.

2. Blessings
Ah Chance, good to see you. Really should listen to you more often. Nice minimalist gospel swell and Chance being humbled by his peers and influences. I do wish there was more rapping instead of half the song being gospel chants though.

3. No Problem
Something about 2 Chainz rapping over a gospel-inspired beat just makes me smile. Is that weird? Heck, this entire song is kinda weird and funny. Overall, this exceeded my expectations. Bumpin' beat, decent bars. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

4. Weston Road Flows
Yeah, this was my favorite song from Views and it was a little disappointing to see it drop off. But it's back. To be fair, a lot of what works about this song is the beat work, but Drake himself is serviceable too. If Drake's camp is smart, they'll make this a single.

5. Keep The Family Close
I remember this being one of the better songs on Views. Drake feels more focused here for one. And the production has a natural swell and variety. So yeah, I don't have a problem with this returning.

6. The Fighter
Okay this isn't country in the slightest, who are you trying to kid Keith? But, eh, I've heard worse. It's catchy, though lyrically doesn't really offer much. I also feel like this is a misuse of Carrie Underwood. She doesn't do much outside of the chorus.

7. I'm Sorry
Whoa whoa whoa, The Voice is in the semi-finals and contestants are only hitting the charts now? Won't complain, that means less Voice covers. Though this one's alright. Ballady, not particularly special. I never heard Blake Shelton's original, though.

8. Faithful
When I originally listened to Views I had no idea that Pimp C was dead. To be fair, Kendrick sampled a dead rapper too, but for an interview. And C's by far the best part of this song. When he leaves, it takes a dive in quality. Mediocre.

9. Unsteady
I may have liked Renegades but I wasn't looking forward to this charting. It's slow and uninteresting, and I hate the clicking and thudding percussion. Lyrically, though, it's acceptable. But honestly, when I hear this on the radio I change the station almost immediately.

10. Redemption
The highest-charting returning Views song, and the most boring of them all. Slow bass and drums does not an interesting R&B/rap song make. But I remember there being worse songs on the album. Bleh.

11. THat Part
Aww, I saw the name ScHoolboy Q and got excited. But this is just bad. The beat's just slow and ugly, Q and Kanye are just brag rapping without much imagination or creativity. And it's five minutes long. C'mon, Q, you're better than this. Kanye you're also better than this.

12. Me Too
Go die in a hole you narcissistic waste of pop airplay.

Top 20 Ranked

Great

I Took A Pill In Ibiza
Don't Let Me Down
Me, Myself & I
Never Forget You
Stressed Out
Love Yourself
Can't Stop The Feeling!

Good

7 Years
Dangerous Woman
Cake By The Ocean

Decent

One Dance
Needed Me
Panda
Low Life
Work
My House

Meh

This Is What You Came For
Pillowtalk

Bad

N/A

Awful

Work From Home
NO

No comments:

Post a Comment