Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Billboard Hot 100 Highlights March 26th, 2016



Well, Mike Posner got his second Top 10 hit. And it only took him six years since the last one. At least it's pretty great. Unfortunately, a new Meghan Trainor single may hit the Top 10 soon, so we have that to look forward to. But we'll worry about that later down the line. For now, highlights time.



Top 10

1. Work by Rihanna ft. Drake (1)
2. Love Yourself by Justin Bieber (2)
3. Stressed Out by twenty one pilots (3)
4. My House by Flo Rida (4)
5. 7 Years by Lukas Graham (9)
6. Pillowtalk by Zayn (6)
7. Me, Myself & I by G-Eazy x Bebe Rexha (7)
8. Sorry by Justin Bieber (5)
9. Cake By The Ocean by DNCE (10)
10. I Took A Pill In Ibiza (SeeB Remix) by Mike Posner (14)

Fell Off Top 10

20. Piece By Piece by Kelly Clarkson (8)

Big Gains (10+)

22. Never Forget You by Zara Larsson & MNEK (34)
26. Exchange by Bryson Tiller (36)
31. Middle by DJ Snake ft. Bipolar Sunshine (50)
43. Low Life by Future ft. The Weeknd (56)
57. Humble And Kind by Tim McGraw (67)
63. Don't Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers ft. Daya (76)
69. Wild Things by Alessia Cara (80)
72. Panda by Desiigner (94)

Moderate Gains (5 - 9)

38. You Should Be Here by Cole Swindell (43)
49. Drunk On Your Love by Brett Eldredge (54)
59. Really Really by Kevin Gates (64)
61. Somewhere On A Beach by Dierks Bentley (68)
62. Snapback by Old Dominion (70)
64. Think Of You by Chris Young & Cassadee Pope (69)
65. Backroad Song by Granger Smith (71)
67. I Like The Wound Of That by Rascal Flatts (72)
76. The Sound Of Silence by Disturbed (81)
80. Cut It by O.T. Genasis ft. Young Dolph (85)
84. T-Shirt by Thomas Rhett (92)
91. Watch Out by 2 Chainz (98)

Big Losses (10+)

20. Piece By Piece by Kelly Clarkson (8)
53. Adventure Of A Lifetime by Coldplay (41)
71. I Know What You Did Last Summer by Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello (61)
75. We Went by Randy Houser (60)
81. Break On Me by Keith Urban (65)
97. Get Ugly by Jason Derulo (77)

Moderate Losses (5 - 9)

25. Back To Sleep by Chris Brown (20)
28. When We Were Young by Adele (23)
33. Oui by Jeremih (27)
34. What Do You Mean? by Justin Bieber (29)
35. Same Old Love by Selena Gomez (26)
36. In The Night by The Weeknd (28)
37. Hide Away by Daya (31)
42. Like I'm Gonna Lose You by Meghan Trainor ft. John Legend (37)
45. Can't Feel My Face by The Weeknd (39)
47. Stand By You by Rachel Platten (42)
56. Best Friend by Young Thug (51)
70. Home Alone Tonight by Luke Bryan ft. Karen Fairchild (63)
93. That Don't Sound Like You by Lee Brice (88)
95. Saved by Ty Dolla $ign (90)
99. Sorry Not Sorry by Bryson Tiller (93)

Dropouts

Antidote by Travi$ Scott (47, 26 weeks)
Lean On by Major Lazer & DJ Snake ft. MØ (48, 48 weeks)
See You Again by Wiz Khalifa ft. Charlie Puth (49, 52 weeks)
It's You by Zayn (59, 1 week)
Hello Friday by Flo Rida ft. Jason Derulo (79)
Perfect by One Direction (87, 20 weeks)
$ave Dat Money by Lil Dicky ft. Fetty Wap & Rich Homie Quan (89, 19 weeks)
Til It Happens To You by Lady Gaga (95, 1 week)
Walking On A Dream by Empire Of The Sun (99, 5 weeks)
History by One Direction (100, 6 weeks)

Returning Entries

73. New Romantics by Taylor Swift
89. Company by Justin Bieber

New Entries

11. No by Meghan Trainor
54. Came Here To Forget by Blake Shelton
66. Try Everything by Shakira
79. untitled 02 | 06.23.2014. by Kendrick Lamar
83. American Country Love Song by Jake Owen
90. untitled 07 | 2014 - 2016 by Kendrick Lamar
96. Something New by Zendaya ft. Chris Brown
100. Gotta Lotta by 2 Chainz ft. Lil Wayne

New Entries Ranked

1. New Romantics
I hadn't heard this one before. Also it was hard to find a legit version on YouTube, best I could find was pitched up. Video when? Anyway, this is wonderful. Dreamy synths and catchy production overall. And Taylor throws herself in it. This does it for me.

2. Company
I don't remember what I thought of this before but I don't think I liked it. This time, yeah, I dig it. Great bassy production and Justin's emoting a little more than usual. Also the music video is far better than Loyal's (they both involve the Hard Rock Café).

3. Something New
I could honestly put this and Company in any order relative to each other, but I docked it points because of Chris Brown. He really didn't have to be here and he kinda kills the mood. Otherwise, good stuff. Zendaya's a good singer and the production's great.

4. untitled 02 | 06.23.2014.
Creative jazz instrumentation, but I didn't really like what Kendrick was doing with his voice in the first half. But otherwise pretty good. It's pretty astonishing songs from untitled unmastered. are charting, honestly.

5. Gotta Lotta
I wish Wayne did less nonsense syllables, but oddly, I'm kinda okay with this song. The production's bright and energetic, and neither men are particular insufferable on this song. Was not expecting that. Also side note: I accidentally listened to the censored version, and this wasn't indicated for whatever reason.

6. Came Here To Forget
I honestly don't have much to say about this one. It is kinda nice to hear a dark country song, I'll give it that. It's not particularly memorable or great, but you could do a lot worse. Blake himself has definitely done worse in the past.

7. Try Everything
No I haven't seen Zootopia yet. So yeah, this song. It's okay at best. It's obviously posing as the big soundtrack hit from this movie, but honestly it's nothing special. Underwhelming production and even Shakira doesn't sound that invested. But it's not terrible. Also GAZELLE WITH BOOBIES.

8. American Country Love Song
It's...okay. It's not really pushing any boundaries when it comes to bro country. But it sounds sincere, at least. And the production's fine enough. But really, this isn't going to stick with me. Country rarely does.

9. untitled 07 | 2014 - 2016
If you remember this was my least favorite track off untitled unmastered. It honestly feels too erratic and unfocused for me to really enjoy. I know that was kind of the point of that album, but I just don't get much out of it. Especially when the second half is aimless jamming.

10. No
Title says it all. It's at least nice that Trainor isn't doing doo-wap anymore, but that doesn't mean I wanted her to become Beyoncé. She's not remotely believable and her performance makes my skin crawl. At least it isn't as bad as Dear Future Husband?

5 comments:

  1. How? We finally have new Kendrick on the charts and you DO NOT put it at the top?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "GAZELLE WITH BOOBIES"
    This is why you're one of my favourite music critics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That and your parody of HUMBLE., "Pants On My Head".

      Delete
  3. I feel very grateful that I read this. It is very helpful and very informative and I really learned a lot from it. Australia strippers

    ReplyDelete