Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Billboard Hot 100 Highlights March 5th, 2016


Rihanna scores her 14th Number 1 with one of the weakest songs I've heard from her ever. Welp. Also that song you all hate but I kinda like is in the Top 10. #HatersGonnaHate Also Grammy's. Interesting. Here are the highlights.



Top 10

1. Work by Rihanna ft. Drake (2)
2. Love Yourself by Justin Bieber (1)
3. Stressed Out by twenty one pilots (2)
4. Sorry by Justin Bieber (3)
5. My House by Flo Rida (5)
6. Pillowtalk by Zayn (7)
7. Hello by Adele (6)
8. Me, Myself & I by G-Eazy x Bebe Rexha (8)
9. Roses by The Chainsmokers ft. ROZES (9)
10. Cake By The Ocean by DNCE (11)

Fell Off Top 10

13. Stitches by Shawn Mendes (10)

Big Gains (10+)

20. 7 Years by Lukas Graham (35)
38. Let It Go by James Bay (75)
32. Can't Feel My Face by The Weeknd (42)
42. Heartbeat by Carrie Underwood (55)
68. Hollow by Tori Kelly (93)
74. Needed Me by Rihanna (84)
82. Acquainted by The Weeknd (95)
87. Somewhere On A Beach by Dierks Bentley (100)
89. Little Bit Of You by Chase Bryant (99)

Moderate Gains (5 - 9)

14. When We Were Young by Adele (20)
24. I Took A Pill In Ibiza (SeeB Remix) by Mike Posner (33)
80. Youth by Troye Sivan (88)

Big Losses (10+)

28. Adventure of a Lifetime by Coldplay (13)
91. Watch Out by 2 Chainz (77)
93. Bang My Head by David Guetta ft. Sia & Fetty Wap (81)

Moderate Losses (5 - 9)

31. Summer Sixteen by Drake (26)
35. Die A Happy Man by Thomas Rhett (30)
37. I Know What You Did Last Summer by Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello (28)
39. White Iverson by Post Malone (34)
46. Wildest Dreams by Taylor Swift (38)
47. Break Up In A Small Town by Sam Hunt (40)
48. On My Mind by Ellie Goulding (41)
52. Home Alone tonight by Luke Bryan ft. Karen Fairchild (43)
57. Backroad Song by Granger Smith (49)
59. Low Life by Future ft. The Weeknd (52)
66. Break On Me. by Keith Urban (61)
67. Really Really by Kevin Gates (62)
72. Perfect by One Direction (63)
75. Confident by Demi Lovato (70)
76. Stay A Little Longer by Brothers Osborne (71)
94. Irresistible by Fall Out Boy ft. Demi Lovato (86)
95. $ave Dat Money by Lil Dicky ft. Fetty Wap & Rich Homie Quan (89)
97. Bet You Can't Do It Like Me by DLOW (91)
99. I Love This Life by LoCash (90)

Dropouts

Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) by Silentó (47, 51 weeks)
Hymn For The Weekend by Coldplay (64, 2 weeks)
Fly S**t Only by Future (67, 1 week)
Bake Sale by Wiz Khalifa ft. Travi$ Scott (74, 2 weeks)
Ophelia by The Lumineers (78, 1 week)
Die A Happy Man by Nelly (83, 1 week)
Don't Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers ft. Daya (85, 1 week)
WTF (Where They From) by Missy Elliott ft. Pharrell Williams (92, 14 weeks)
Whisper by Chase Rice (94, 1 week)
The Fix by Nelly ft. Jeremih (97, 20 weeks)

Returning Entries

22. Uptown Funk! by Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
88. Humble And Kind by Tim McGraw

New Entries

54. Make Me Like You by Gwen Stefani
77. All I Ask by Adele
81. Cheap Thrills by Sia ft. Sean Paul
83. Never Forget You by Zara Larsson & MNEK
85. Might Be by Luke Nasty
86. Think Of You by Chris Young & Cassadee Pope
92. Promise by Kid Ink ft. Fetty Wap
98. That Don't Sound Like You by Lee Brice

New and Returning Entries Ranked

1. Uptown Funk!
You guys already know how I feel about this one. Love it. Best hit song of last year. Still, I would think Billboard's policy would've prevented this from returning to the Hot 100. Even if the Super Bowl did give it another surge in popularity.

2. Make Me Like You
I had heard comparisons between this song and Cake By The Ocean before I heard it for myself. And yeah, I hear it. It's also a lot better, and this is coming from someone who kinda likes CBTO.

3. Think of You
I'm glad this didn't turn into another Home Alone Tonight. Young and Pope have a ton of chemistry. Beautifully made and incredibly memorable. Wouldn't mind seeing this go higher.

4. All I Ask
Adele doing what she does best. I listened to the version she did on Ellen to remind myself how it goes, and yeah, not disappointed. Still hope Water Under The Bridge comes back though.

5. Never Forget You
Aww, I wanted Lush Life! But this'll do in a pinch. Tight production, great vocal performances, yeah this is still pretty good.

6. Humble And Kind
Still heartwarming and beautiful. I'm glad it came back.

7. Might Be
Aside from some (okay a lot of) lyrics being a little too blunt, this works for me. The beat's actually pretty sexy. Overall, this is alright.

8. That Don't Sound Like You
I hear this song at work all the time. Guess it's not bad, got a nice guitar solo in there. Lyrically it kinda reminds me of Hotline Bling. But not as stupid. If that makes sense. So it's okay.

9. Cheap Thrills
Talk about disappointing. There's some decent production, but Sean Paul kinda ruins things throughout.

10. Promise
This charted because of Fetty, right? Because Kid Ink really brings nothing. Beat work is admittedly good for DJ Mustard, but overall, kinda disposable. Also, atuotune.

No comments:

Post a Comment