Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Billboard Hot 100 Highlights February 27th, 2016



Oh my Pillowtalk lost hard this week. But I guess that's to be expected, it was made by a former member of One Direction. Apparently it's the biggest drop from Number 1 for a song that debuted at Number 1. Welp. Okay highlights time.



Top 10

1. Love Yourself by Justin Bieber (2)
2. Stressed Out by twenty one pilots (4)
3. Sorry by Justin Bieber (3)
4. Work by Rihanna ft. Drake (7)
5. My House by Flo Rida (8)
6. Hello by Adele (5)
7. Pillowtalk by Zayn (1)
8. Me, Myself & I by G-Eazy x Bebe Rexha (10)
9. Roses by The Chainsmokers ft. ROZES (9)
10. Stitches by Shawn Mendes (11)

Fell Off Top 10

26. Summer Sixteen by Drake (6)

Big Gains (10+)

13. Adventure Of A Lifetime by Coldplay (36)
21. Down In The DM by Yo Gotti (39)
33. I Took A Pill In Ibiza (SeeB Remix) by Mike Posner (48)

Moderate Gains (5 - 9)

20. When We Were Young by Adele (29)
35. 7 Years by Lukas Graham (43)
39. Exchange by Bryson Tiller (44)
48. Oui by Jeremih (53)
49. Backroad Song by Granger Smith (55)
58. Dibs by Kelsea Ballerini (66)
65. My Church by Maren Morris (71)
73. Middle by DJ Snake ft. Bipolar Sunshine (79)
75. Let It Go by James Bay (80)
82. Snapback by Old Dominion (88)
84. Needed Me by Rihanna (91)

Big Losses (10+)

26. Summer Sixteen by Drake (6)
34. White Iverson by Post Malone (24)
86. Irresistible by Fall Out Boy ft. Demi Lovato (64)
90. I Love This Life by LoCash (75)
97. The Fix by Nelly ft. Jeremih (87)

Moderate Losses (5 - 9)

7. Pillowtalk by Zayn (1)
19. Here by Alessia Cara (12)
27. Like I'm Gonna Lose You by Meghan Trainor ft. John Legend (20)
40. Break Up In A Small Town by Sam Hunt (33)
41. On My Mind by Ellie Goulding (34)
46. Lean On by Major Lazer & DJ Snake ft. MØ
47. Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) by Silentó (38)
63. Perfect by One Direction (54)
71. Stay A Little Longer by Brothers Osborne (65)
81. Bang My Head by David Guetta ft. Sia & Fetty Wap (76)
89. $ave Dat Money by Lil Dicky ft. Fetty Wap & Rich Homie Quan (82)
93. Hollow by Tori Kelly (86)
98. Dessert by Dawin ft. Silentó (93)

Dropouts

No Role Modelz by J. Cole (47, 25 weeks)
Again by Fetty Wap (50, 26 weeks)
Big Rings by Drake & Future (73, 20 weeks)
We Don't Talk Anymore by Charlie Puth ft. Selena Gomez (78, 1 week)
Walking On A Dream by Empire Of The Sun (89, 3 weeks)
Country Nation by Brad Paisley (94, 2 weeks)
Back Up by DeJ Loaf ft. Big Sean (96, 18 weeks)
Jam by Kevin Gates ft. Trey Songz, Ty Dolla $ign & Jamie Foxx (97, 1 week)
Alive by Sia (99, 3 weeks)
Play No Games by Big Sean ft. Chris Brown & Ty Dolla $ign (100, 14 weeks)

Returning Entries

74. Bake Sale by Wiz Khalifa ft. Travi$ Scott
100. Somewhere On A Beach by Dierks Bentley

New Entries

52. Low Life by Future ft. The Weeknd
67. Fly S**t Only by Future
69. Jimmy Choo by Fetty Wap
78. Ophelia by The Lumineers
83. Die A Happy Man (Thomas Rhett Cover) by Nelly
85. Don't Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers ft. Daya
94. Whisper by Chase Rice
99. Little Bit Of You by Chase Bryant

New and Returning Entries Ranked

1. Ophelia
I always thought Ho Hey was only okay. I think this is a step up. Now I'm rooting for these guys to become more than one hit wonders.

2. Don't Let Me Down
I don't think I noticed it before, but I think Daya wants to be Rihanna. The drop could've used a little work but other than that, I'm actually okay with this. I didn't hate Hide Away like everyone else, but I think we can all agree this is better.

3. Fly S*** Only
Effort in a Future song? Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, he's been getting better on a technical level. But this is actually good. Yikes.

4. Die a Happy Man
I think it actually works better as an R&B than it does as a "country" track. Nelly has a little more personality than Rhett. So yep, this works for me.

5. Low Life
Seriously, am I going insane? Am I? It's the weaker of the Future tracks that hit the charts this week but it's still good. He and The Weeknd actually fit well together.

6. Little Bit Of You
Kinda reminds me of Parmalee's Already Callin' You Mind. Eh, it's alright. Nothing special. Don't see it sticking with me.

7. Jimmy Choo
I'm not feeling this one. Fetty sounds kinda bored here. Maybe it's time for him to take a break.

8. Somewhere On A Beach
Oh, you're back. And I didn't miss you. Kinda like the girl you're singing to here.

9. Bake Sale
Baking cakes is all we know. Yeah, this is still still an autotuned mess. Just like everything else I've heard from Travi$ Scott. Wiz's first verse is decent though.

10. Whisper
Yeah, this reminds me more of butt rock than it does of country. And it looks like dubstep in country music isn't going down without a fight. Not a fan, but Rice gets some points for that guitar solo.

No comments:

Post a Comment