Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Billboard Hot 100 Highlights February 20th, 2016



The wild changes in the Top 10 continue with a song debuting at Number 1 and other things. At this point last year 2015 only had two Number 1 singles. 2016 has four so far. I think that's worth celebrating. Kinda.



Top 10

1. Pillowtalk by Zayn (New)
2. Love Yourself by Justin Bieber (1)
3. Sorry by Justin Bieber (2)
4. Stressed Out by twenty one pilots (3)
5. Hello by Adele (4)
6. Summer Sixteen by Drake (New)
7. Work by Rihanna ft. Drake (9)
8. My House by Flo Rida (5)
9. Roses by Chainsmokers ft. ROZES (6)
10. Me, Myself & I by G-Eazy x Bebe Rexha (12)

Fell Off Top 10

12. Here by Alessia Cara (10)
13. Hands To Myself by Selena Gomez (7)
15. Same Old Love by Selena Gomez (8)

Big Gains (10+)

43. 7 Years by Lukas Graham (57)
46. 2 Phones by Kevin Gates (67)
48. I Took A Pill In Ibiza by Mike Posner (59)
59. Really Really by Kevin Gates (82)
70. Something In The Way You Move (81)
71. My Church by Maren Morris (91)
88. Snapback by Old Dominion (100)

Moderate Gains (5 - 9)

17. One Call Away by Charlie Puth (22)
36. Adventure Of A Lifetime (45)
79. Middle by DJ Snake ft. Bipolar Sunshine (88)
81. I Like The Sound Of That by Rascal Flatts (87)

Big Losses (10+)

54. Perfect by One Direction (43)
64. Irresistible by Fall Out Boy ft. Demi Lovato (51)
65. Stay A Little Longer by Brothers Osborne (50)
67. Confident by Demi Lovato (47)
74. Watch Out by 2 Chainz (64)
84. Good To Be Alive (Hallelujah) by Andy Grammer (70)
87. The Fix by Nelly ft. Jeremih (74)
89. Walking On A Dream by Empire Of The Sun (65)
90. Bet You Can't Do It Like Me by DLOW (78)
95. WTF (Where They From) by Missy Elliott ft. Pharrel Williams (84)
96. Back Up by DeJ Loaf ft. Big Sean (83)

Moderate Losses (5 - 9)

13. Hands To Myself by Selena Gomez (7)
15. Same Old Love by Selena Gomez (8)
20. Like I'm Gonna Lose You by Meghan Trainor ft. John Legend (15)
24. White Iverson by Post Malone (19)
28. Antidote by Travi$ Scott (23)
39. Down In The DM by Yo Gotti (33)
41. Lean On by Major Lazer & DJ Snake ft. MØ (36)
42. Can't Feel My Face by The Weeknd (35)
47. No Role Modelz by J. Cole (42)
49. Out Of The Woods by Taylor Swift (44)
60. Sugar by Robin Schulz ft. Francesco Yates (54)
75. I Love This Life by LoCash (68)
80. Let It Go by James Bay (75)
83. Sorry Not Sorry by Bryson Tiller (77)
100. Play No Games by Big Sean ft. Chris Brown & Ty Dolla $ign (92)

Dropouts

Bake Sale by Wiz Khalifa ft. Travi$ Scott (56, 1 week)
I Got The Boy by Jana Kramer (73, 16 weeks)
Mr. Misunderstood by Eric Church (85, 5 weeks)
Focus by Ariana Grande (89, 13 weeks)
Gonna Know We Were Here by Jason Aldean (93, 16 weeks)
Humble And Kind by Tim McGraw (95, 1 week)
Emperor's New Clothes by Panic! At The Disco (96, 4 weeks)
Bottom Of The Bottle by Curren$y ft. August Alsina & Lil Wayne (97, 1 week)
Somewhere On A Beach by Dierks Bentley (98, 1 week)

Returning Entries

92. History by One Direction
99. Alive by Sia

New Entries

1. Pillowtalk by Zayn
6. Summer Sixteen by Drake
68. Hymn For The Weekend by Coldplay ft. Beyoncé
78. We Don't Talk Anymore by Charlie Puth ft. Selena Gomez
85. Youth by Troye Sivan
91. Needed Me by Rihanna
97. Jam by Kevin Gates ft. Trey Songz, Ty Dolla $ign & Jamie Foxx

New and Returning Entries Ranked

1. Youth
This kid's a YouTuber, eh? He definitely shows more promise than Charlie Puth. Kinda reminds me of Robert DeLong actually. I'm sold.

2. Alive
This song is still awesome. I can't vouch for the rest of the album since I haven't heard it, but it's weird to see this song get so much flack.

3. Summer Sixteen
It's no Back to Back, but it's still something I doubt Meek Mill could keep up with. Keep it up, Drizzy.

4. History
Well, this is officially the final gasp for 1D for the time being. Nice sentiment to go out on. It's even grown on me a bit since last time. Good luck with your solo careers, boys.

5. Pillowtalk
Well, Zayn actually pulls off this "I'm sexy now" thing pretty well. Other than some production grievances I'm good with this.

6. Jam
Competent on a technical level, but it doesn't do a lot for me. Maybe it's because I'm not attracted to Trey Songz.

7. We Don't Talk Anymore
Feels like a poor man's I Know What You Did Last Summer. Or Somebody That I Used To Know. Production's a mess, Puth and Gomez don't have any chemistry. Just a big fat meh of a track.

8. Needed Me
Musically this feels like it could've fit on Justin Bieber's Purpose. It's a disaster is what I'm saying. DJ Mustard is losing his edge, and I never even liked him to begin with.

9. Hymn For The Weekend
I'm feeling drunk and high, drunk and high...no. I never thought I'd say this, but I hate a Coldplay song. This should be much higher.

Top 20 Ranked

Great

1. Hello by Adele
2. In The Night by The Weeknd
3. Stressed Out by twenty one pilots
4. Me, Myself & I by G-Eazy x Bebe Rexha
5. Here by Alessia Cara
6. Love Yourself by Justin Bieber

Good

7. Stitches by Shawn Mendes
8. Summer Sixteen by Drake
9. Same Old Love by Selena Gomez
10. Pillowtalk by Zayn
11. Hotline Bling by Drake
12. Cake By The Ocean by DNCE
13. Sorry by Justin Bieber

Okay

14. Roses by The Chainsmokers ft. ROZES
15 Like I'm Gonna Lose You by Meghan Trainor ft. John Legend
16. My House by Flo Rida

Meh

17. Work by Rihanna
18. Don't by Bryson Tiller

Bad

19. One Call Away by Charlie Puth
20. Hands To Myself by Selena Gomez

No comments:

Post a Comment