Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Billboard Hot 100 Highlights June 11th, 2016


More Monday holidays delaying the new charts until Wednesday. Bleh. This is not the future I was promised! Well anyway, Zayn finally exits the Top 10 and Ariana steps back in. Which makes me happy. Other than that, Adele returns and some other stuff happened. Cool stuff, hopefully. HIGHLIGHTS TIME!


Top 10

1. One Dance by Drake ft. Wizkid & Kyla (1)
2. Panda by Desiigner (2)
3. Can't Stop The Feeling! by Justin Timberlake (3) (Biggest Airplay Gainer)
4. Work From Home by Fifth Harmony ft. Ty Dolla $ign (5)
5. Don't Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers ft. Daya (6)
6. 7 Years by Lukas Graham (4)
7. I Took A Pill In Ibiza by Mike Posner (7)
8. Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande (14) (Biggest Streaming Gainer)
9. Needed Me by Rihanna (10)
10. Work by Rihanna ft. Drake (8)

Fell Off Top 10

12. Pillowtalk by Zayn (9)

Big Gains (10+)

16. Just Like Fire by Pink (26)
24. Cheap Thrills by Sia ft. Sean Paul (34)
38. All The Way Up by Fat Joe & Remy Ma ft. French Montana & Infared (51)
49. The Sound Of Silence by Disturbed (66)
59. i hate u i love u by gnash ft. Olivia O'Brien (76)
61. Uber Everywhere by MadeinTYO (71)
66. Messin' Around by Pitbull ft. Enrique Iglesias (95)
67. Church Bells by Carrie Underwood (79)
71. Head Over Boots by Jon Pardi (81)
77. Lights Come On by Jason Aldean (91)
80. Faded by Alan Walker (97)
86. Unsteady by X Ambassadors (99)

Moderate Gains (5 - 9)

8. Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande (14)
15. Close by Nick Jonas ft. Tove Lo (24) (Biggest Digital Sales Gainer)
25. Don't Mind by Kent Jones (31)
30. Ride by twenty one pilots (36)
36. Came Here To Forget by Blake Shelton (44)
37. Cut It by O.T. Genasis ft. Young Dolph (43)
47. T-Shirt by Thomas Rhett (52)
62. Body by Dreezy ft. Jeremih (70)
68. You Don't Own Me by Grace ft. G-Eazy (77)
74. Record Year by Eric Church (82)
78. Light It Up by Major Lazer ft. Nyla & Fuse ODG (87)
88. Moolah by Young Greatness (96)
92. Noise by Kenny Chesney (98)

Big Losses (10+)

35. NO by Meghan Trainor (19)
45. Hype by Drake (35)
72. 9 by Drake (60)
75. Formation by Beyoncé (63)
81. Wherever I Go by OneRepublic (67)
82. U With Me? by Drake (68)
85. Fire & Desire by Drake (75)
91. Kiss It Better by Rihanna (78)
93. Hold Up by Beyoncé (74)

Moderate Losses (5 - 9)

17. Love Yourself by Justin Bieber (11)
28. Pop Style by Drake ft. The Throne (23)
31. oui by Jeremih (25)
32. 2 Phones by Kevin Gates (27)
40. My Boo by Ghost Town DJ's (32)
42. Exchange by Bryson Tiller (37)
43. Middle by DJ Snake ft. Bipolar Sunshine (38)
55. Still Here by Drake (47)
56. Grammys by Drake ft. Future (50)
63. Mind Reader by Dustin Lynch (57)
64. With You by Drake ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR (59)

Dropouts

Stitches by Shawn Mendes (41, 52 weeks)
Roses by The Chainsmokers ft. ROZES (48, 31 weeks)
Don't by Bryson Tiller (49, 34 weeks)
The Fighter by Keith Urban ft. Carrie Underwood (69, 1 week)
Weston Road Flows by Drake (84, 2 weeks)
Keep The Family Close by Drake (85, 2 weeks)
No Problem by Chance The Rapper ft. Lil Wayne & 2 Chainz (86, 1 week)
Faithful by Drake ft. Pimp C & dvsn (90, 2 weeks)
THat Part by ScHoolboy Q ft. Kanye West (92, 1 week)
Blessings by Chance The Rapper (93, 1 week)
I'm Sorry by Adam Wakefield (94, 1 week)
Promise by Kid Ink ft. Fetty Wap (100, 14 weeks)

Returning Entries

26. Send My Love (To Your New Lover) by Adele
51. Into You by Ariana Grande
87. Youth by Troye Sivan
97. Ophelia by The Lumineers
99. Wake Up by Fetty Wap

New Entries

73. Lonesome Broken and Blue by Adam Wakefield
83. Love On The Brain by Rihanna
90. From The Ground Up by Dan + Shay
94. Every Breath Your Take by Hannah Huston
96. Gold by Kiiara
98. Hasta el Amanecer by Nicky Jam
100. Down That Road by Alisan Porter

New and Returning Entries Ranked

1. Gold
Yes! I found out about this song because it was bubbling, and I have to say it's about time. Feels a lot like Royals with its minimalist production, and it kills it in a good way. It's still fun and interesting as a kiss-off track despite limited instrumentation. And there's something addicting about that chopped-up chorus.

2. Into You
I know this is mostly here because of the album, but I'm glad this got a second wind. It deserves it. One of the most intense things Ariana's ever recorded, and it deserves to be big. At least in my eyes.

3. Love On The Brain
I forgot all about this song when I covered ANTI, and I'm so, so sorry about that. This is awesome. It's Rihanna tacking soft rock and doing it well. Possibly one of her best vocal performances this year. If this gets big, I'll forgive Kiss It Better flopping.

4. Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
This song gets better with every listen. Turns out Adele works well with acoustic guitar. Nice swell and production. I'm glad she chose this as her next single, as unconventional as it is.

5. Ophelia
I'm gonna start calling this the Ginza of 2016. Keeps coming and leaving on a dime. And I would rather it stay, even if it doesn't make much of an impact on the Hot 100.

6. Youth
Can't keep this song down, eh? I haven't actually listened to this in full since it debuted, but it's actually still good. Love the production and that drop, as well as Troye's performance. It feels good.

7. Hasta el Amanecer
This has been huge in the Latin Hot 100. I don't understand the lyrics, but judging by the fact that the title means "Until Sunrise" and based on the music video, it's Nicky Jam trying to pick up a girl. And it works for what it is. It's fun and upbeat Latin music. Though I did not really like the part where it slowed down.

8. Wake Up
I really wish this song was better than it is. There's so much potential that's missed due to there being only one verse. And the lyrics that are there are unfocused. I dig the beat at least, but this still could've been a lot better.

9. Every Breath You Take
Credit where credit is due, this is an interesting way to cover this song. Kinda sounds like a Bond song now. And it kinda works. But I feel nothing. Maybe because I'm too attached to the original song by The Police? I dunno. This isn't bad, it's just...blandly perfect I guess you could say.

10. Lonesome, Broken and Blue
Chris Stapleton much? This isn't horrible, it's just kinda bland and not very interesting, either in its lyrics or instrumentation. Nothing pops out. I forgot about Adam Wakefield last week and I'm certain I will again this week. Props for having an authentic country sound though.

11. From The Ground Up
Ehhhhhhhh... They had something good going with Nothin' On You, but this is not doing it for me. Just kinda blends in with every other country ballad I've heard. Almost sounds like generic Christian music. In fact that's exactly what it sounds like. Bleh.

12. Down That Road
"It doesn't tell me anything about who you are or what you feel." Yeah, this is about what I expect from a contestant on The Voice.

Top 20 Ranked

Great

I Took A Pill In Ibiza
Don't Let Me Down
Close
Me, Myself & I
Never Forget You
Stressed Out
Can't Stop The Feeling!
Love Yourself

Good

Dangerous Woman
7 Years
One Dance
Cake By The Ocean

Decent

Needed Me
Work
The Most Inessential Song On Pop Radio (My House)
Panda

Meh

This Is What You Came For

Bad

Just Like Fire
Pillowtalk

Awful

Work From Home

No comments:

Post a Comment