Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Billboard Hot 100 Highlights December 24th, 2016


Twas the night before Christmas and all through the...wait. I wish. I've still got some school left. But, Christmas music is happening more on the Hot 100, that's for sure. Along with other things. Yeah. HIGHLIGHTS TIME!



Top 20

1. Black Beatles by Rae Sremmurd ft. Gucci Mane (1) (Biggest Airplay Gainer)
2. Starboy by The Weeknd ft. Daft Punk (2)
3. Closer by The Chainsmokers ft. Halsey (3)
4. 24K Magic by Bruno Mars (5)
5. Side To Side by Ariana Grande ft. Nicki Minaj (4)
6. Juju On That Beat (TZ Anthem) by Zay Hilfigerrr & Zayion McCall (6)
7. Don't Wanna Know by Maroon 5 ft. Kendrick Lamar (8)
8. Let Me Love You by DJ Snake ft. Justin Bieber (7)
9. Heathens by twenty one pilots (9)
10. Bad Things by Machine Gun Kelly x Camila Cabello (17) (Biggest Streaming Gainer)
11. Fake Love by Drake (11)
12. Broccoli by D.R.A.M. ft. Lil Yachty (10)
13. Scars To Your Beautiful by Alessia Cara (15)
14. Starving by Hailee Steinfeld & Grey ft. Zedd (12)
15. Caroline by Aminé (14)
16. i hate u i love u by gnash ft. Olivia O'Brien (13)
17 All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey (23)
18. The Greatest by Sia ft. Kendrick Lamar (18)
19. Treat You Better by Shawn Mendes (20)
20. Love On The Brain by Rihanna (30)

Fell Off Top 20

21. Cold Water by Major Lazer ft. Justin Bieber & MØ (19)
29. Party Monster by The Weeknd ft. Lana Del Ray (16)

Big Gains (10+)

20. Love On The Brain by Rihanna (30)
23. Love Me Now by John Legend (53) (Biggest Digital Sales Gainer)
24. Bad And Boujee by Migos ft. Lil Uzi Vert (49)
38. Mercy by Shawn Mendes (50)
39. Bounce Back by Big Sean (51)
45. Hallelujah by Pentatonix (56)
57. No Heart by 21 Savage & Metro Boomin (70)
58. Water Under The Bridge by Adele (78)
60. Say You Won't Let Go by James Arthur (76)
69. Dirty Laundry by Carrie Underwood (79)
79. Chantaje by Shakira ft. Maluma (90)
81. A Guy With A Girl by Blake Shelton (92)

Moderate Gains (5 - 9)

10. Bad Things by Machine Gun Kelly x Camila Cabello (17)
17. All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey (23)
49. You Was Right by Lil Uzi Vert (57)
53. Wanna Be That Song by Brett Eldredge (59)
69. Song For Another Time by Old Dominion (64)
64. Too Much Sauce by DJ ESCO ft. Future & Lil Uzi Vert (73)
91. My S**t by A Boogie Wit da Hoodie (99)

Big Losses (10+)

29. Party Monster by The Weeknd (16)
50. Reminder by The Weeknd (31)
54. Sidewalks by The Weeknd ft. Kendrick Lamar (27)
55. Six Feet Under by The Weeknd ft. Future (34)
66. Secrets by The Weeknd (47)
70. How Far I'll Go by Auli'i Cravalho (52)
71. Die For You by The Weeknd (43)
74. Sleep Without You by Brett Young (63)
78. True Colors by The Weeknd (48)
82. Rockin' by The Weeknd (44)
83. All I Know by The Weeknd ft. Future (46)
86. False Alarm by The Weeknd (55)
96. Attention by The Weeknd (67)
97. Ordinary Life by The Weeknd (72)

Moderate Losses (5 - 9)

28. I Feel It Coming by The Weeknd ft. Daft Punk (22)
32. Can't Stop The Feeling! by Justin Timberlake (25)
44. Do You Mind by DJ Khaled ft. Nicki Minaj, Chris Brown, August Alsina, Jeremih, Future, & Rick Ross (37)
73. Fresh Eyes by Andy Grammer (65)
80. Middle Of A Memory by Cole Swindell (74)
87. Setting The World On Fire by Kenny Chesney ft. Pink (81)
89. All We Know by The Chainsmokers ft. Phoebe Ryan (82)
92. You're Welcome by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (83)

Dropouts

  • Stargirl Interlude by The Weeknd ft. Lana Del Ray (61, 1 week)
  • Nothing Without You by The Weeknd (68, 1 week)
  • A Lonely Night by The Weeknd (69, 1 week)
  • Love To Lay by The Weeknd (71, 1 week)
  • Distraction by Kehlani (85, 1 week)
  • A Little More Summertime by Jason Aldean (64, 13 weeks)
  • How Far I'll Go by Alessia Cara (88, 1 week)
  • We Know The Way by Opetaia Foa'i & Lin-Manuel Miranda (93, 1 week)
  • Look Alive by Rae Sremmurd (94, 6 weeks)
  • Fade by Kanye West ft. Ty Dolla $ign & Post Malone (96, 13 weeks)
  • Capsize by Frenship & Emily Warren (97, 10 weeks)
  • Make Me (Cry) by Noah Cyrus ft. Labrinth (98, 1 week)

Returning Entries

35. Jingle Bell Rock by Bobby Helms
37. Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee
48. Redbone by Childish Gambino
52. Million Reasons by Lady Gaga
68. Me And Your Mama by Childish Gambino
77. Play That Song by Train
94. Alone by Marshmello

New Entries

65. Black Barbies by Nicki Minaj x Mike WiLL Made-It
76. home by gnash ft. Johnny Yukon
93. False Prophets by J. Cole
95. Dirt On My Boots by Jon Pardi
100. Rockabye by Clean Bandit ft. Sean Paul & Anne-Marie

New and Returning Entries Ranked

1. Dirt On My Boots

THE BOOT MAN IS BACK! Yep, that's his name now. I'm pretty sure. I never expected him to make a song this minor and somewhat dark. Admittedly that tone does clash with the lyrics, which are about dancing with a girl. Maybe being aggressive while he's at it. And while I don't know if I believe him in that sort of lane, right now I love the melody too much to care. Seriously, this sounds great.

2. Me And Your Mama

Still a trip to listen to. But in a good way. Yeah, I don't know if I'd be able to give Awaken, My Love! a proper review. I feel like I wouldn't appreciate it enough or get the lyrics. But I do like what I've heard at least.

3. Million Reasons

Apparently Lady Gaga performed this at the Victoria's Secret show thing last week and that might be why it's back. Glad it's back. It gets better every time I hear it. But I've learned not to get my hopes up about Lady Gaga songs doing anything on the charts nowadays. I gotta review Joanne soon...

4. Rockabye

Not the Shawn Mullins song. I've been hearing about this song for a while now. Never expected Clean Bandit to get another hit. But I'm not gonna complain. While I'm not sure I like this more than Rather Be, it's still exotic and fun. Both vocalists do a good job, and it all around sounds gorgeous.

5. Redbone

Still don't really have much to say. I like it, definitely, but I'm not sure I could really do it justice. It's a little more plodding than I'd like, which is why I ranked Me And Your Mama higher, but this is still very much trippy and enjoyable.

6. home

I was legitimately not expecting gnash to chart again. I'm one of the few who thought i hate u, i love u wasn't really that bad, but yeah, this is better. Fuller instrumentation, gnash sounds a little more focused. The lyrics are heartwarming. Yeah, it's decent. Still not amazing, but decent. I could see this sticking with me.

7. Alone

I did think it was a little weird that this song fell off so early before. Because isn't Marshmello supposed to be gaining some buzz? It's okay, but I still would kinda like this to become a hit. Because I don't know. I'm weird like that.

8. Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree

It is Christmas. Christmas tree. Merry Christmas. To Jesus. I have two papers and a project to finish before Christmas...

9. Jingle Bell Rock

Christmas music/10

10. False Prophets

Well...I like the beat to this. It's nice and chill. But as far as introspective lyrics go...this is pretty empty. There's a lot of wordplay but not a lot of actual introspection. Mostly clichés and such. And it's kinda boring because of that. Maybe my bar's just been set high for me because of Mike Posner's output this year. Bleh.

11. Black Barbies

This is pretty much just a Black Beatles remix. With Nicki Minaj. In theory, I support this. But somehow the lyrics are weaker than on the original. It's more unfocused and not as catchy. Plus the chorus is changed to "That boy is a real p***y pleaser." That alone is pretty jarring. I'll just stick with the original.

12. Play That Song

I knew this leaving was too good to be true. It was pretty much only forced off because of the album bomb, and it's sterile as Homer Simpson. I think I hate it even more the second time around. We let Train become a thing again. In 2016...

No comments:

Post a Comment