Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Billboard Hot 100 Highlights May 27th, 2017


Thanks to Bieber, an awesome Latin pop song hits number 1 on the Hot 100. And I'm betting it's gonna stay there for a bit. The top spot's changed so much these past few weeks that it's probably gonna stay the same for a bit. But for now, highlights


Top 20

1. Despacito by Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee ft. Justin Bieber (3)
2. That's What I Like by Bruno Mars (2)
3. I'm The One by DJ Khaled ft. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance The Rapper & Lil Wayne (1)
4. Shape Of You by Ed Sheeran (5)
5. Humble. by Kendrick Lamar (4)
6. Mask Off by Future (7)
7. Something Just Like This by The Chainsmokers & Coldplay (6)
8. XO TOUR Llif3 by Lil Uzi Vert (9)
9. Stay by Zedd & Alessia Cara (11)
10. iSpy by KYLE ft. Lil Yachty (8)
11. It Ain't Me by Kygo x Selena Gomez (10)
12. Congratulations by Post Malone ft. Quavo (16)
13. Say You Won't Let Go by James Arthur (13)
14. Issues by Julia Michaels (14)
15. Body Like A Back Road by Sam Hunt (15)
16. DNA. by Kendrick Lamar (12)
17. Location by Khalid (17)
18. Sign of the Times by Harry Styles (28)
19. Passionfruit by Drake (18)
20. Believer by Imagine Dragons (20)

Fell Off Top 20

22. Rockabye by Clean Bandit ft. Sean Paul & Anne-Marie (19)

Big Gains (10+)

18. Sign of the Times by Harry Styles (28)
29. Unforgettable by French Montana ft. Swae Lee (42)
47. 1-800-273-8255 by Logic ft. Alessia Cara & Khalid (61)
52. Slow Hands by Niall Horan (90)
53. Attention by Charlie Puth (64)
63. Magnolia by Playboi Carti (91)
70. Craving You by Thomas Rhett ft. Maren Morris (83)
74. Human by Rad'n'Bone Man (84)
77. Privacy by Chris Brown (87)
80. Woke Up Like This by Playboi Carti ft. Lil Uzi Vert (100)
88. Flatliner by Cole Swindell ft. Dierks Bentley (98)

Moderate Gains (5 - 9)

24. In Case You Didn't Know by Brett Young (31)
32. Now Or Never by Halsey (38)
36. Redbone by Childish Gambino (44)
38. Castle On The Hill by Ed Sheeran (47)
40. There's Nothing Holding Me Back by Shawn Mendes (49)
41. Swalla by Jason Derulo ft. Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign (46)
49. The Cure by Lady Gaga (55)
62. Losin Control by Russ (68)
69. Everyday We Lit by YFN Lucci ft. PnB Rock (75)
75. How Not To by Dan + Shay (82)
76. Scared To Be Lonely by Martin Garrix & Dua Lipa (81)

Big Losses (10+)

37. Paris by The Chainsmokers (24)
44. I Feel It Coming by The Weeknd ft. Daft Punk (26)
72. Hometown Girl by Josh Turner (58)
73. Good Life by G-Eazy & Kehlani (59)
78. At My Best by Machine Gun Kelly ft. Hailee Steinfeld (60)
82. Any Ol' Barstool by Jason Aldean (72)
85. Shining by DJ Khaled ft. Beyoncé & Jay-Z (63)
87. Chained To The Rhythm by Katy Perry ft. Skip Marley (74)
92. Thunder by Imagine Dragons (70)
100. Down by Marian Hill (73)

Moderate Losses (5 - 9)

34. Cold by Maroon 5 ft. Future (29)
45. Bounce Back by Big Sean (40)
46. I Don't Wanna Live Forever (Fifty Shades Darker) by Zayn & Taylor Swift (37)
48. Love. by Kendrick Lamar ft. Zacari (43)
54. Look At Me! by XXXTENTACION (48)
57. Loyalty. by Kendrick Lamar ft. Rihanna (51)
61. Element. by Kendrick Lamar (52)
84. Cake by Flo Rida & 99 Percent (77)
91. The Night We Met by Lord Huron (86)

Dropouts

  • Can't Stop The Feeling! by Justin Timberlake (39, 1, 52 weeks)
  • First Time by Kygo & Ellie Goulding (67, 67, 1 week)
  • Bon Appetit by Katy Perry ft. Migos (76, 76, 1 week)
  • XXX. by Kendrick Lamar ft. U2 (79, 33, 3 weeks)
  • Party by Chris Brown ft. Usher & Gucci Mane (80, 40, 20 weeks)
  • Yah. by Kendrick Lamar (89, 32, 3 weeks)
  • Sweet Creature by Harry Styles (93, 93, 1 week)
  • Selfish by Future ft. Rihanna (95, 37, 10 weeks)
  • Call On Me by Starley (97, 65, 18 weeks)
  • You're Welcome by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (99, 65, 13 weeks)

Returning Entries

56. Slippery by Migos ft. Gucci Mane
71. Everybody by Logic
94. Galway Girl by Ed Sheeran
95. Moves by Big Sean
98. Gyalchester by Drake
99. Peek A Boo by Lil Yachty ft. Migos

New Entries

64. Malibu by Miley Cyrus
79. Every Time I Hear That Song by Blake Shelton
89. Either Way by Chris Stapleton
97. Drinkin' Problem by Midland

New and Returning Entries Ranked

1. Galway Girl

Thank God the video gave this a second wind in the States. Apparently this has been doing better in Europe because it technically wasn't released as a hit here? Guess Ed wanted to focus on Castle on the Hill, which is understandable. Still, por que no los dos?

2. Drinkin' Problem

With a title like that, it could only be a country song. And what a country song it is. It's lush and organic, with lyrics of having, well, a drinking problem. Also got a decent punchline in the chorus, which I did appreciate. This is the kind of country I can remember and get behind.

3. Moves

I got the moves. I got the moves. I got the moves. I got the moves. I got the moves. I got the moves. I got the moves.

4. Everybody

Okay, I was gone for a minute but I'm back now. Too obvious? I don't care. Back because of the album of the same name. I'll take it. Still a good song. Though I am glad we didn't get a Logic album bomb, even though I did enjoy the album.

5. Either Way

About as stripped down as it gets. I've heard good things about Chris Stapleton's latest album so maybe I should check it out soon. That said, this is alright, though it feels more like background music. Or it could be part of a cool-down on the album. I don't know. It sounds good, but it's nothing to write home about. At least for me.

6. Malibu

After Dead Petz failed to chart any songs, Miley turns to...generic indie. I could hear something just like this on my local alternative station, so this honestly feels like a step back for Miley. As much as I really didn't like her Bangerz stuff. But...eh. It's alright. Kinda forgettable but alright. The guitars feel a bit sharp though.

7. Every Time I Hear That Song

It's okay. Sentiment's fine and the song has some swell, but it's ultimately forgettable. Really, in a week with two much better country songs, Blake Shelton sits at the kids' table.

8. Slippery

Again? At least this time it's because it has a video, but still. Still dull and monotonous as it was the first two times I heard it. Also the video is full of BUTTS. Because of course.

9. Peek A Boo

Not happy to see this back. Especially not happy that it will probably get even higher when the album drops. So dull.

10. Gyalchester

Just as boring as I remember it. I'm surprised this has been able to stick around so long. Wasn't Free Smoke a single?

1 comment:

  1. Watch out. I found out on a certain music forum that Bon Appetit is projected to re-enter next week thanks to its video, and rather high no less.

    ReplyDelete