Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Billboard Hot 100 Highlights October 15th, 2016


The Weeknd makes it back in the Top 10 and it's with a song that's actually pretty great. So I'm on board. Awesome. We've also got kind of a slow week as the second One Direction solo career finally starts and some other smaller things happen. HIGHLIGHTS TIME!


Top 20

1. Closer by The Chainsmokers ft. Halsey (1)
2. Heathens by twenty one pilots (2)
3. Starboy by The Weeknd ft. Daft Punk (40) (Biggest Streaming, Digital Sales, Airplay Gainer)
4. Cold Water by Major Lazer ft. Justin Bieber & MØ (3)
5. Let Me Love You by DJ Snake ft. Justin Bieber (4)
6. Treat You Better by Shawn Mendes (6)
7. Cheap Thrills by Sia ft. Sean Paul (5)
8. Broccoli by D.R.A.M. ft. Lil Yachty (8)
9. Don't Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers ft. Daya (7)
10. This Is What You Came For by Calvin Harris ft. Rihanna (10)
11. We Don't Talk Anymore by Charlie Puth ft. Selena Gomez (9)
12. Ride by twenty one pilots (11)
13. i hate u i love u by gnash ft. Olivia O'Brien (19)
14. One Dance by Drake ft. WizKid & Kyla (14)
15. Gold by Kiiara (16)
16. Send My Love (To Your New Lover) by Adele (13)
17. Needed Me by Rihanna (12)
18. Too Good by Drake ft. Rihanna (15)
19. Side To Side by Ariana Grande ft. Nicki Minaj (18)
20. Can't Stop The Feeling! by Justin Timberlake (17)

Fell Off Top 20

23. Into You by Ariana Grande (20)

Big Gains (10+)

3. Starboy by The Weeknd ft. Daft Punk (40)
36. OOOUUU by Young M.A (52)
41. Black Beatles by Rae Sremmurd ft. Gucci Mane (77)
52. Caroliné by Amine (65)
61. Move by Luke Bryan (71)

Moderate Gains (5 - 9)

13. i hate u i love u by gnash ft. Olivia O'Brien (19)
24. Starving by Hailee Steinfeld & Grey (31)
44. It Don't Hurt Like It Used To by Billy Currington (53)
51. Scars To Your Beautiful by Alessia Cara (58)
53. Blue Ain't Your Color by Keith Urban (60)
60. I Met A Girl by William Michael Morgan (67)
62. 1 Night by Lil Yachty (70)
64. Vice by Miranda Lambert (69)
65. May We All by Florida Georgia Line ft. Tim McGraw (74)
70. Come And See Me by PARTYNEXTDOOR ft. Drake (76)
72. I Know Somebody by LoCash (79)
76. Sleep Without You by Brett Young (81)
78. X by 21 Savage & Metro Boomin ft. Future (84)
79. Too Much Sauce by DJ ESCO ft. Future & Lil Uzi Vert (85)
82. Do You Mind by DJ Khaled ft. Nicki Minaj, Chris Brown, Jeremih, Future, August Alsina & Rick Ross (88)
85. You Was Right by Lil Uzi Vert (93)
91. Goosebumps by Travis Scott (97)

Big Losses (10+)

34. Forever Country by Artists Of Then, Now & Forever (21)
48. Never Be Like You by Flume ft. Kai (36)
59. Perfect Illusion by Lady Gaga (42)
69. Peter Pan by Kelsea Ballerini (54)
73. Mama Said by Lukas Graham (51)
77. All In My Head (Flex) by Fifth Harmony ft. Fetty Wap (63)
99. You Look Like I Need A Drink by Justin Moore (80)

Moderate Losses (5 - 9)

17. Needed Me by Rihanna (12)
43. Tiimmy Turner by Desiigner (35)
55. Different For Girls by Dierks Bentley ft. Elle King (48)
66. Money Longer by Lil Uzi Vert (61)
74. You & Me by Marc E. Bassy ft. G-Eazy (68)
75. Me Too by Meghan Trainor (66)
80. Make You Miss Me by Sam Hunt (72)
81. I Got The Keys by DJ Khaled ft. Jay-Z & Future (73)
83. THat Part by ScHoolboy Q ft. Kanye West (78)
88. Gangsta by Kehlani (82)
96. Purple Lamborghini by Skrillex & Rick Ross (90)

Dropouts

7 Years by Lukas Graham (46, 36 weeks)
Juju On Dat Beat (TZ Anthem) by Zayion McCall ft. Zay Hilfigerrr
Cancer by twenty one pilots (91, 1 week)
My PYT by Wale (92, 15 weeks)
Grass Ain't Greener by Chris Brown (96, 4 weeks)
You Don't Own Me by Grace ft. G-Eazy (99, 18 weeks)
Lockjaw by French Montana ft. Kodak Black (100, 11 weeks)

Returning Entries

68. Mercy by Shawn Mendes
98. Cool Girl by Tove Lo

New Entries

63. This Town by Niall Horan
89. HandClap by Fitz And The Tantrums
92. Song For Another Time by Old Dominion
94. Capsize by Frenship & Emily Warren
95. CRZY by Kehlani

New and Returning Entries Ranked

1. HandClap

Well this was a nice surprise. I've been hearing this song on the radio for months now, but I didn't think this would cross over. This is energetic and fun through and through. Catchy bass, catchy sax, plus those claps bring it all home. I use that phrase too often. Ah well. This probably won't last long, but I'm beyond excited to see it here. 5/5

2. Cool Girl

Ooh, this is back now. Nice. So maybe there's hope for Tove Lo's new album cycle after all. Or not. It's weird how this keeps falling in and out, but I dig it. 4/5

3. Capsize

Okay, I know this song. I'm certain I've heard this before. Did I hear it on the radio? Yeah I think I heard it on the radio. Anyway, I like this. The groove is tight, the vocals mesh together well. The drop is nice. It's a typical tropical house song, and that's more than fine by me. 4/5

4. Mercy

Illuminate just came out so I guess it's to be expected that this would return. I think this may have soured on me. It's just kinda meh right now. Still, nothing to really object to in the lyrics. Then again, my standards are probably already pretty low after Treat You Better. 2/5

5. Song for Another Time

Oh great these guys are back. I actually heard this song on a TV at work a while ago so I kinda expected this too. Generic country song that just kinda name checks a bunch of songs. It's mediocre. Really mediocre. Just like Old Dominion as a while. 2/5

6. This Town

So that's 0 for 2 for the One Direction solo careers being good. Guess there's still three to go, so there might be hope left. But in the meantime, there is nothing to this song. Generic WGWAG song about nostalgia and some girl. It sounds like an Ed Sheeran knock-off, but Niall Horan's not a distinct enough personality to kinda make it work. I don't think I will remember what this sounds like in just a few minutes. 2/5

7. CRZY

This is...boring. There's nothing to the beat, Kehlani's performance is more annoying than i is provocative. Just another trap banger. Kehlani's supposedly really talented but I don't know. I haven't really been hearing it. Not as bad as Gangsta though. 1/5

2 comments:

  1. I wonder why you don't ever discuss dropouts or other losses/gains. Case in point, 7 Years left this week and Me Too will leave next week (God bless for the latter). I bet you were sad about the former but will be rejoicing over the latter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The way these posts are formatted I think it would be a little crowded to comment my thoughts on gains and losses and the like. As opposed to Spectrum Pulse's Billboard BREAKDOWN, which is structured like a formal discussion. I want these posts to be places someone can take a quick look at rather than bog them down with my opinions. Save for new and returning entries. Usually I do comment on certain changes in the Hot 100 on my Twitter (@Cicabeot1), so if you're interested, you know where to go.

      Delete