Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Billboard Hot 100 Highlights August 6th, 2016


And now, we have a new number 1. Aaaaand it's one hardly anyone in my circle likes. Ah well. It's grown on me and it's something different. Personally I'm okay with it at the top as long as it doesn't become a chart blocker like One Dance was. Also got a ton of debuts to get through this week. HIGHLIGHTS TIME!


Top 20

1. Cheap Thrills by Sia ft. Sean Paul (3)
2. One Dance by Drake ft. WizKid & Kyla (1)
3. This Is What You Came For by Calvin Harris ft. Rihanna (4)
4. Can't Stop The Feeling! by Justin Timberlake (2)
5. Don't Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers ft. Daya (5)
6. Ride by twenty one pilots (6)
7. Needed Me by Rihanna (7)
8. Don't Mind by Kent Jones (9)
9. Panda by Desiigner (8)
10. Send My Love (To Your New Lover) by Adele (10)
11. Rise by Katy Perry (New)
12. Just Like Fire by P!nk (11)
13. Work From Home by Fifth Harmony ft. Ty Dolla $ign (12)
14. Me Too by Meghan Meghans (15)
15. H.O.L.Y. by Florida Georgia Line (14)
16. I Took A Pill In Ibiza by Mike Posner (13)
17. Make Me by Britney Spears ft. G-Eazy (New)
18. Controlla by Drake (16)
19. For Free by DJ Khaled ft. Drake (17)
20. Too Good by Drake ft. Rihanna (19)

Fell Off Top 20

21. Treat You Better by Shawn Mendes (20)
32. Let It Go by James Bay (18)

Big Gains (10+)

35. i hate u i love u by gnash ft. Olivia O'Brien (50)
48. From The Ground Up by Dan + Shay (59)
71. Famous by Kanye West (88)
80. You & Me by Marc E. Bassy ft. G-Eazy (91)

Moderate Gains (5 - 9)

24. Into You by Ariana Grande (33)
27. We Don't Talk Anymore by Charlie Puth ft. Selena Gomez (35)
34. Broccoli by D.R.A.M. ft. Lil Yachty (39)
40. Gold by Kiiara (45)
57. My PYT by Wale (64)
62. LUV by Tory Lanez (69)
63. No Limit by Usher ft. Young Thug (70)
66. Different For Girls by Dierks Bentley ft. Elle King (73)
73. Lockjaw by French Montana ft. Kodak Black (79)
93. No Problem by Chance The Rapper ft. Lil Wayne & 2 Chainz (98)

Big Losses (10+)

32. Let It Go by James Bay (18)
36. Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande (24)
41. Close by Nick Jonas ft. Tove Lo (31)
43. Lost Boy by Ruth B (27)
54. Toothbrush by DNCE (44)
61. Unsteady by X Ambassadors (46)
69. Uber Everywhere by MadeinTYO (57)
70. Wake Up by Fetty Wap (60)
76. Wasted Time by Keith Urban (63)

Moderate Losses (5 - 9)

37. Love Yourself by Justin Bieber (30)
46. All The Way Up by Fat Joe & Remy Ma ft. French Montana & Infared (38)
49. Never Forget You by Zara Larsson & MNEK (40)
52. Church Bells by Carrie Underwood (47)
58. Lights Come On by Jason Aldean (53)
72. Pop Style by Drake ft. The Throne (67)
78. Huntin', Fishin' & Lovin' Every Day by Luke Bryan (71)
85. NO by Meghan Meghans (78)
86. M.I.L.F.$ by Fergie (80)
88. Night's On Fire by David Nail (81)
92. Light It Up by Major Lazer ft. Nyla & Fuse ODG (85)

Dropouts

Pillowtalk by Zayn (48, 24 weeks)
Me, Myself & I by G-Eazy x Bebe Rexha (49, 37 weeks)
T-Shirt by Thomas Rhett (68, 20 weeks)
Love Make The World Go Round by Jennifer Lopez & Lin-Manuel Miranda (72 1 week)
You Don't Own Me by Grace ft. G-Eazy (83, 11 weeks)
Noise by Kenny Chesney (84, 14 weeks)
Came Here To Forget by Blake Shelton (90, 19 weeks)
Bored To Death by blink-182 (92, 2 weeks)
La Bicicleta by Carlos Vives & Shakira (95 1 week)
No Money by Galantis (99, 1 week)
Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 1 by Kanye West (100, 11 weeks)

Returning Entry

98. Come And See Me by PARTYNEXTDOOR ft. Drake

New Entries

11. Rise by Katy Perry
17. Make Me... by Britney Spears ft. G-Eazy
47. Vice by Miranda Lambert
68. Girls Talk Boys by 5 Seconds of Summer
81. Mama Said by Lukas Graham
84. Body Say by Demi Lovato
89. No Shopping by French Montana ft. Drake
90. A Little More Summertime by Jason Aldean
96. Wat U Mean (Aye, Aye, Aye) by Dae Dae
97. Sex With Me by Rihanna

New and Returning Entries Ranked

1. Vice
It's good to hear Miranda Lambert again. In a way she sounds depressed, but in another she sounds classy. And all in all it's a smooth, pleasant song. The kind of thing I can see becoming a hit, and something I would gladly welcome as a hit.

2. Body Say
This seems like something Selena Gomez would sing. Of course Demi has more personality so I think it works better for her. It's actually pretty sexy, and I like it. My only complaint is that the production could feel a little more full. If that makes any sense. More synths or bass would help.

3. Girls Talk Boys
Oh this was in the new Ghostbusters movie. And it ain't bad. Got a slick funk vibe that I haven't really heard since Dark Necessities. Lyrics are a little douchey, but I can look past them and jam out. Also 5 Seconds of Summer are not a boyband.

4. Mama Said
I was wondering when this would show up. 7 Years may have shrunk on me, but I'm still okay with this. Even the "Annie"-esque chorus works for me. It's bright and catchy. So I dig it. Now to wait for the internet to collectively complain about this one. You know it's gonna happen.

5. Wat U Mean (Aye, Aye, Aye)
The title gave me a bad feeling about this song, but it's actually surprisingly decent. It's got a minimalist trap feeling that doesn't sound half bad. And yeah it's a song about selling drugs, but it also talks about times of poverty and needing to support a family, which I can dig. So yeah, Pleasantly surprised by this.

6. A Little More Summertime
This song is hard to find, and I had to settle for a live performance someone recorded. From what I can hear, it's decent. Sounds pleasant. Typical country stuff, though I don't see this sticking with me the way Lights Come On stuck with me.

7. Rise
Well, it certainly sounds like an olympics song. The lyrics are vague like most other empowerment songs, but what makes up for it is the visceral production. It's not necessarily amazing, but it does back up the lyrics a little better than something like Fight Song. So, it's okay.

8. Sex With Me
This is a weird freakin' song. It was a bonus track from ANTI, which is why I never heard it. It's not really a sexy song; it's too aggressive for that. But...eh. Guess it's okay. Those warbling synths have a certain charm to them and Rihanna actually sounds decent with a little autotune. Dunno how much longevity this will have on the charts though.

9. Make Me...
Well this is cluttered. I'm not sure it's necessarily bad, but I don't really feel anything from this. And I'm not sure G-Eazy is really a good fit for this song. I didn't really like his verse this time around. Overall I just find this kinda boring. Also Britney fails at subtlety.

10. Come and See Me
Okay. Why is this back? This is pretty boring. Washed out synths playing incredibly slowly. The only thing with any energy is the hi hat. Also the music video doesn't include Drake for some reason. Probably because he hate music videos.

11. No Shopping
Well, Drake has the best part of the song. French Montana just kinda drones on about "sipping on a drank" or something. Beat is bleh; not awful, just not very distinct or memorable. I can't see myself returning to this or even remembering it.

No comments:

Post a Comment