Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Billboard Hot 100 Highlights April 30th, 2016


I hate everything. I'm not even doing a detailed intro this time, I refuse. Let's just dive straight into HIGHLIGHTS TIME!

Top 10

1. Work by Rihanna ft. Drake (1)
2. Panda by Desiigner (5)
3. 7 Years by Lukas Graham (2)
4. No by Meghan Trainor (3)
5. Pillowtalk by Zayn (4)
6. I Took A Pill In Ibiza by Mike Posner (8)
7. Work From Home by Fifth Harmony (9)
8. Love Yourself by Justin Bieber (6)
9. Cake By The Ocean (12)
10. Me, Myself & I by G-Eazy x Bebe Rexha (10)

Fell Off Top 10

12. My House by Flo Rida (7)

Big Gains (10+)

33. Needed Me by Rihanna (47)
41. Lost Boy by Ruth B (51)
44. Cut It by O.T. Genasis ft. Young Dolph (56)
46. New Romantics by Taylor Swift (62)
67. Mind Reader by Dustin Lynch (79)
69. All The Way Up by Fat Joe & Remy Ma ft. French Montana (81)
75. Light It Up by Major Lazer ft. Nyla & Fuse ODG (86)
76. Never Be Like You by Flume ft. Kai (98)
77. Body by Dreezy ft. Jeremih (88)
81. Saved by Ty Dolla $ign ft. E-40 (91)

Moderate Gains (5 - 9)

13. One Dance by Drake ft. WizKid & Kyla (21)
17. Don't Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers ft. Daya (22)
21. Low Life by Future ft. The Weeknd (29)
37. Back To Sleep by Chris Brown (44)
42. The Sound Of Silence by Disturbed (49)
47. Cheap Thrills by Sia ft. Sean Paul (55)
52. I Like The Sound Of That by Rascal Flatts (59)
57. Promise by Kid Ink ft. Fetty Wap (64)
59. Team by Iggy Azalea (65)
60. Huntin' Fishin' & Lovin' Every Day (66)
63. Piece By Piece by Kelly Clarkson (72)
64. That Don't Sound Like You by Lee Brice (69)
68. Might Not by Belly ft. The Weeknd (73)
71. Little Bit On You by Chase Bryant (78)
72. Acquainted by The Weeknd (77)
78. Ride by twenty one pilots (87)
84. Head Over Boots by Jon Pardi (89)

Big Losses (10+)

49. Famous by Kanye West (34)
54. Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 1 by Kanye West (37)
65. Drunk On Your Love by Brett Eldredge (48)
73. Pt. 2 by Kanye West (54)
80. Nobody To Blame by Chris Stapleton (68)
86. Waves by Kanye West (71)
90. Ultralight Beam by Kanye West (67)
93. Lights Come On by Jason Aldean (43)

Moderate Losses (5 - 9)

12. My House by Flo Rida (7)
24. Hands To Myself by Selena Gomez (18)
36. Humble and Kind by Tim McGraw (30)
45. Die A Happy Man by Thomas Rhett (36)
48. Came Here To Forget by Blake Shelton (40)
51. Summer Sixteen by Drake (45)
88. Sugar by Robin Schulz ft. Francesco Yates (82)

Dropouts

Hotline Bling by Drake (50, 36 weeks)
When We Were Young by Adele (70, 20 weeks)
Wasted Time by Keith Urban (74, 1 week)
Best Friend by Young Thug (76, 20 weeks)
FML by Kanye West (84, 1 week)
Tennessee Whiskey by Chris Stapleton (90, 6 weeks)
Real Friends by Kanye West (92, 1 week)
Beautiful Drug by Zac Brown Band (94, 20 weeks)
Heartbeat by Carrie Underwood (95, 14 weeks)
Feedback by Kanye West (99, 1 week)

Returning Entries

66. Ophelia by The Lumineers
82. Uber Everywhere by MadeinTYO
87. Moolah by Young Greatness
99. Fast Car by Jonas Blue ft. Dakota
100. New Level by A$AP Ferg ft. Future

New Entries

70. Messin' Around by Pitbull ft. Enrique Iglesias
85. Law by Yo Gotti ft. E-40
91. Faded by Alan Walker
92. Ain't Your Mama by Jennifer Lopez
94. If It Ain't Love by Jason Derulo

New and Returning Entries Ranked

1. Faded
I heard about this song a lot before I ever sat down and listened to the whole thing. Kinda surprised the US didn't get this sooner. And yeah, it's pretty good. The vocalist kinda makes me uncomfortable, but other than that, this is just wonderful. Amazing build and drop.

2. Ophelia
I hear this on alternative radio on occasion now. It puts a smile on my face to see it back, because it's pretty beautiful.

3. Law
Why do I like Yo Gotti? Both of his songs aren't really that good, but I love them so much. Maybe because it's so ridiculous. Does anyone actually care about "club law"? But really, that beat is kinda wonderful. Also E-40, who has always been awesome lately.

4. Ain't Your Mama
Why is the lyric video only a minute and 40 seconds? Whatever. This kinda feels like J-Lo's getting back on track. Even if she's working with Dr. Luke. This is a lot of fun and the lyrics are about a relationship in trouble. Take notes, Meghan Meghans. This is how you do it. ... Wait, she wrote this? Really?

5. Fast Car
Yep I still like this. It's more memorable than the original and the instrumentation is just killer. And so is Dakota's performance.

6. Moolah
This may have grown on me just a bit since last time. Beatwork is pleasant enough and Young Greatness has a lot of confidence and he's likable enough. So yeah, not as bad as I originally thought.

7. Messin' Around
This song gets its hook from an REO Speedwagon song. Eh. This is serviceable. Not the best Pitbull song, not the worst. What really holds this back for me is how overproduced the bass is. Also Enrique doesn't really do a lot here.

8. New Level
I still wish this connected with me a little better. It's a standard brag rap but parts of the production work. I just wish they worked a little better. Plus Future doesn't work here, his shtick works better when he's in his lower range.

9. If It Ain't Love
I'm not impressed with this. It's overmixed and not particularly special. I guess it's alright, but it feels like Want To Want Me part 2, which I wasn't big on either.

10. Uber Everywhere
I swear this kid sounds like he doesn't even wanna be here. This was better off falling off after one week, we didn't need it back.

Top 20 Ranked

Great
I Took A Pill In Ibiza
Don't Let Me Down
Never Forget You
Stressed Out
Me, Myself & I
Love Yourself

Good
Dangerous Woman
Sorry
7 Years

Decent
2 Phones
My House
One Dance
Cake By The Ocean
Panda
Work

Meh
Pillowtalk

Bad
Oui

Awful
Pop Style
Work From Home
No

No comments:

Post a Comment