Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Billboard Hot 100 Highlights April 16th, 2016


I hope you're happy, America. Not only is one of the best songs in the Top 20 still getting chart-blocked from the top spot, but now one of the worst songs in the Top 20 looks ready to take that top spot easily. I...I really don't understand you sometimes. I was really hoping we would be done with Meghan Meghans. But it can't all be bad, right? I hope not. HIGHLIGHTS TIME!


Top 10

1. Work by Rihanna ft. Drake (1)
2. 7 Years by Lukas Graham (2)
3. No by Meghan Trainor (6)
4. Pillowtalk by Zayn (8)
5. Love Yourself by Justin Bieber (3)
6. My House by Flo Rida (4)
7. Stressed Out by twenty one pilots (5)
8. Me, Myself & I by G-Eazy (7)
9. I Took A Pill In Ibiza by Mike Posner (10)
10. Work From Home by Fifth Harmony ft. Ty Dolla $ign (12)

Fell Off Top 10

11. Cake By The Ocean by DNCE (9)

Big Gains (10+)

39. Cheap Thrills by Sia ft. Sean Paul (71)
43. Somewhere On A Beach by Dierks Bentley (54)
47. Lost Boy by Ruth B (67)
48. Came Here To Forget by Blake Shelton (61)
51. The Sound of Silence by Disturbed (69)
63. T-Shirt by Thomas Rhett (74)
64. That Don't Sound Like You by Lee Brice (90)
65. Try Everything by Shakira (86)
69. Jimmy Choo by Fetty Wap (79)
73. Like I Would by Zayn (93)
74. Mind Reader by Dustin Lynch (84)
84. Light It Up by Major Lazer ft. Nyla (95)

Moderate Gains (5 - 9)

14. Panda by Desiigner (21)
25. Don't Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers ft. Daya (31)
30. Let It Go by James Bay (35)
35. Drunk On Your Love by Brett Eldredge (40)
44. Humble And Kind by Tim McGraw (51)
54. Really Really by Kevin Gates (59)
55. Snapback by Old Dominion (60)
57. Company by Justin Bieber (66)
59. Needed Me by Rihanna (64)
62. Cut It by O.T. Genasis ft. Young Dolph (68)
78. Might Be by DJ Luke Nasty (83)
79. Little Bit Of You by Chase Bryant (85)
83. Saved by Ty Dolla $ign ft. E-40 (89)
85. Head Over Boots by Jon Pardi (92)
88. Ride by twenty one pilots (96)
89. Body by Dreezy ft. Jeremih (98)

Big Losses (10+)

71. Team by Iggy Azalea (42)
100. Make Me Like You by Gwen Stefani (80)

Moderate Losses (5 - 9)

32. Jumpman by Drake & Future (27)
33. The Hills by The Weeknd (28)
37. Back To Sleep by Chris Brown (30)
46. Like I'm Gonna Lose You by Meghan Trainor ft. John Legend (41)
58. When We Were Young by Adele (50)
68. Sugar by Robin Schulz ft. Francesco Yates (63)
80. Heartbeat by Carrie Underwood (75)

Dropouts

Be Alright by Ariana Grande (43, 1 week)
Hide Away by Daya (46, 27 weeks)
Here by Alessia Cara (47, 34 weeks)
Same Old Love by Selena Gomez (48, 28 weeks)
Ex's & Oh's by Elle King (49, 38 weeks)
In The Night by The Weeknd (52, 20 weeks)
Adventure Of A Lifetime by Coldplay (76, 20 weeks)
Backroad Song by Granger Smith (94, 16 weeks)
Something New by Zendaya ft. Chris Brown (97, 3 weeks)
Sorry Not Sorry by Bryson Tiller (99, 15 weeks)

Returning Entries

94. Victorious by Panic! At The Disco

New Entries

27. Close by Nick Jonas ft. Tove Lo
72. Noise by Kenny Chesney
87. With Them by Young Thug
91. All The Way Up by Fat Joe & Remy Ma ft. French Montana
92. Huntin', Fishin' & Lovin' Every Day by Luke Bryan
93. Digits by Young Thug
95. Moolah by Young Greatness
97. New Level by A$AP Ferg ft. Future
99. Uber Everywhere by MadeinTYO

New and Returning Entries Ranked

1. Close
That line about space being a made-up word kinda irks me. Other than that, this is just fantastic. Dark yet controlled production, Nick and Tove play off each other amazingly well. It's pretty freaking beautiful. I hope this hits the Top 10.

2. Victorious
This song is still awesome. Do not front on it. And of course I'm gonna be alone on this for a while. Which is a shame.

3. All The Way Up
This is pretty bangin'. I never imagined that trumpets combined with Back to Back style bass could work. Of all the people on this trip. I think Remy Ma just runs away with it, but they all spit something fierce. Also DJ KHALED WHAT YOU DOING HERE????????

4. Huntin', Fishin' And Lovin' Every Day
I know it's Luke Bryan and all, but I can't work up any hatred for this song. He's just singing about hunting, I can't get mad at that. And it sounds more country than he usually does. So congratulations, Luke. You made a song I kinda like. You're not off my craplist though.

5. Noise
Not sure I like how synthetic and not-quite-country this sounds. It's not bad, but it does seem out of place. Lyrically, though, this is pretty great. Getting sick of the pressures and noise of the modern world that you just want to explode.

6. New Level
This is certainly really weird. Banging at times and has some decent bars. At other times it's just kinda...too strange. Overall, I'm gonna give this a solid "okay." If I can do that. Also, don't let me into my zone.

7. Moolah
First a minor complaint, but the official music video was censored. Who does that anymore? As for the song itself, it's mediocre. His voice is kinda annoying. The beat's eh. He's saying very little. It's not egregious but it's far from good.

8. With Them
Young Thug bites the "MIGOS flow," as Mark calls it. And he's annoying. The beat's weak too, too treble heavy.

9. Uber Everywhere
This...is not real. I refuse to believe this is real or even treat it as something that is real. This has to be a joke. It has to be. Because it's awful. I can't hate it too much though.

10. Digits
Young Thug being Young Thug. And by that I mean annoying and repetitive. He has made worse, but this still really isn't my thing. At all.

No comments:

Post a Comment