Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Billboard Hot 100 Highlights May 26, 2018


Gonna be honest. These last few weeks I've been pretty burnt out putting together Highlights. I don't know how Mark does this on a weekly basis in video format. I've been thinking about ways this could fit my content better. Maybe just axing the opinions section. Kinda spoils stuff when I talk about songs in video format. But I know some of you would be upset if I did that. We'll see. Highlights.

Top 20

1. This Is America by Childish Gambino (1)
2. Nice For What by Drake (2)
3. God's Plan by Drake (3)
4. Psycho by Post Malone ft. Ty Dolla $ign (4)
5. Meant To Be by Bebe Rexha ft. Florida Georgia Line (5)
6. The Middle by Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey (6)
7. No Tears Left To Cry by Ariana Grande (10)
8. Look Alive by BlocBoy JB ft. Drake (7)
9. Never Be The Same by Camila Cabello (8)
10. Perfect by Ed Sheeran (9)
11. Boo'd Up by Ella Mai (17)
12. Walk It Talk It by Migos ft. Drake (14)
13. Freaky Friday by Lil Dicky ft. Chris Brown (11)
14. Whatever It Takes by Imagine Dragons (12)
15. Heaven by Kane Brown (20)
16. Friends by Marshmello & Anne-Marie (21)
17. Mine by Bazzi (15)
18. Pray For Me by The Weeknd & Kendrick Lamar (22)
19. Rockstar by Post Malone ft. 21 Savage (13)
20. In My Blood by Shawn Mendes (27)

Fell Off Top 20

21. I Like It by Cardi B, Bad Bunny & J Balvin (18)
29. Chun-Li by Nicki Minaj (19)
42. Watch by Travis Scott ft. Lil Uzi Vert & Kanye West (16)

Big Gains (10+)

36. Delicate by Taylor Swift (46)
39. One Kiss by Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa (49)
53. Done For Me by Charlie Puth ft. Kehlani (74)
61. I Like Me Better by Lauv (72)
66. OTW by Khalid, Ty Dolla $ign & 6LACK (82)
70. I Lived It by Blake Shelton (85)
72. Sit Next To Me by Foster The People (83)
86. Mercy by Brett Young (97)
87. Red Roses by Lil Skies ft. Landon Cube (99)

Moderate Gains (5 - 9)

11. Boo'd Up by Ella Mai (17)
15. Heaven by Kane Brown (20)
16. Friends by Marshmello & Anne-Marie (21)
20. In My Blood by Shawn Mendes (27)
25. Wait by Maroon 5 (30)
27. Sad! by XXXTENTACION (34)
35. One Number Away by Luke Combs (44)
40. Japan by Famous Dex (48)
44. Stir Fry by Migos (50)
45. KOD by J. Cole (52)
47. Love Lies by Khalid & Normani (54)
48. Tequila by Dan + Shay (55)
62. Up Down by Morgan Wallen ft. Florida Georgia Line (71)
64. Get Along by Kenny Chesney (70)
71. For The First Time by Darius Rucker (76)
78. Woman, Amen by Dierks Bentley (86)
82. Everything's Gonna Be Alright by David Lee Murphy & Kenny Chesney (87)
84. Alone (Remix) by Halsey ft. Big Sean & Stefflon Don (90)
85. Sativa by Jhene Aiko ft. Rae Sremmurd (91)
94. When We by Tank (100)

Big Losses (10+)

29. Chun-Li by Nicki Minaj (19)
42. Watch by Travis Scott ft. Lil Uzi Vert & Kanye West (16)
51. Ball For Me by Post Malone ft. Nicki Minaj (40)
54. Paranoid by Post Malone (38)
55. Rich & Sad by Post Malone (39)
57. Dame Tu Cosita by El Chombo (36)
65. Stay by Post Malone (45)
68. Kevin's Heart by J. Cole (57)
89. Over Now by Post Malone (64)
90. Zack And Codeine by Post Malone (63)
93. Same Bitches by Post Malone ft. G-Eazy & YG (66)
97. Takin' Shots by Post Malone (67)
98. 92 Explorer by Post Malone (69)
99. Beautiful Crazy by Luke Combs (58)
100. Say Something by Justin Timberlake ft. Chris Stapleton (88)

Moderate Losses (5 - 9)

19. Rockstar by Post Malone ft. 21 Savage (13)
52. Overdose by YoungBoy Never Broke Again (47)
58. Esskeetit by Lil Pump (53)
60. Spoil My Night by Post Malone ft. Swae Lee (51)
63. ATM by J. Cole (56)
67. No Excuses by Meghan Trainor (59)
69. Drip by Cardi B ft. Migos (62)
73. New Freezer by Rich The Kid ft. Kendrick Lamar (68)
81. Everyday by Logic & Marshmello (75)
83. Singles You Up by Jordan Davis (77)

Dropouts

Youth by Shawn Mendes ft. Khalid (65, 65, 1 week)
Bartier Cardi by Cardi B ft. 21 Savage (81, 14, 20 weeks)
Barbie Tingz by Nicki Minaj (84, 25, 4 weeks)
Otherside by Post Malone (89, 46, 2 weeks)
Blame It On Me by Post Malone (93, 47, 2 weeks)
Diamond Teeth Samurai by YoungBoy Never Broke Again (94, 59, 5 weeks)
Famous by Mason Ramsey (95, 62, 2 weeks)
I Do by Cardi B ft. SZA (96, 23, 5 weeks)
Preach by YoungBoy Never Broke Again (98, 98, 1 week)

Returning Entries

88. Moonlight by XXXTENTACION
95. Cry Pretty by Carrie Underwood

New Entries

46. Shoota by Playboi Carti ft. Lil Uzi Vert
49. Yes Indeed by Lil Baby & Drake
50. Back To You by Selena Gomez
74. Lucid Dreams by Juice WRLD
77. Me Niego by Reik ft. Ozuna & Wisin
91. Lust by Lil Skies
92. All Girls Are The Same by Juice WRLD

New and Returning Entries Ranked

1. Cry Pretty

I know I said I wasn't that impressed by this, despite liking it. But in a week like this, this song shines all the more brighter. I'll definitely take this.

2. Me Neigo

It's been a while since I heard a Latin song that wasn't awful. I like the guitars here and the serious, dramatic tone. I assume this is about a breakup, and it doesn't /sound/ dickish. Maybe the lyrics are once you translate them, but laziness. Even Ozuna is tolerable here. At least compared to normal. Though Reik is the best performer on here. He sounds charismatic and smooth enough. Wisin is okay. Solid song. More this, less Te Bote.

3. Lust

I listened to Lil Skies' full album a month or so ago. This wasn't one of the stronger tracks. The beat is too high pitched and wiry to achieve the vibe it really wants. Though Skies is fine, I guess. Not really his best. Though I do appreciate him being able to tell the difference between a fulfilling relationship and lust. The latter of which he has. But still, it's no Nowadays.

4. Shoota

Most of what makes this song work is the beat. Which I've heard is kinda the same for the rest of Playboi Carti's album. Though I guess Uzi's having fun on this. I honestly think he outshines Carti, since Carti is such a non-presence here. But even despite the pretty awesome beat, I'm not likely to remember this.

5. Back To You

This is supposed to be for a series that revolves around suicide, right? I don't hear it. It just sounds like your typical hookup ballad. Selena sounds okay I guess, as do the guitars. But that ear-piercing drop comes in and I tune out. Mostly this is kinda boring, and not really something I see myself remembering or returning to.

6. Lucid Dreams

This is a little better than the other Juice WRLD song that debut this week. A little. The beat is a little better, but still sounds cheap. Plus Juice passes on casual misogyny like it's nothing, most notably when he says that pretty women are evil. Charming, dude. I don't feel sorry that he got dumped. He seems like a dick.

7. Moonlight

I'm guessing this is back because of fan pushback against Spotify's new policies. Which is something I was afraid would happen. This song is still garbage. I didn't bother relistening to it. I don't care.

8. All Girls Are The Same

Yep this is as misogynistic as I thought it would be. Almost on the same level of sexism as Like A Boy by Ciara. Hidden behind a cloud rap filter, but Juice's voice is incredibly annoying. He does nothing for me, and this whole thing is uncomfortable.

9. Yes Indeed

This song is proof that Drake can get a hit by not trying. The beat is barely audible as Drake completely phones it in for the first half of the song. Lil Baby kicks up a /little/ during his half of the song, but his punchlines are still super basic. One of them even makes reference to how his stage name is Lil Baby. Which is lame. He also makes reference ot Pikachu, just like Young Thug before him. Lust also referenced Pikachu, so we have two debuts that make this reference. Weird.

2 comments:

  1. i love juice wrld but hey we all have opnions.
    also "all girls are the same" is specifically about hoes not really all girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't listen to this jerk, he posted this stupid thing on everyone's blog, including mine. I highly suggest you not click on the links, who knows what will happen.

    ReplyDelete