Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Billboard Hot 100 Highlights September 30, 2017


Sam Smith returns and I don't know how to feel yet. Never liked him to begin with but I'll give it a shot. Also this chart date is one day after my 23rd birthday. Celebrate. Charts.
Top 20

1. Look What You Made Me Do by Taylor Swift (1)
2. Bodak Yellow by Cardi B (2)
3. 1-800-273-8255 by Logic ft. Alessia Cara & Khalid (5)
4. Despacito by Luis Fonzi & Daddy Yankee ft. Justin Bieber (3)
5. Too Good At Goodbyes by Sam Smith (New)
6. Wild Thoughts by DJ Khaled ft. Rihanna & Bryson Tiller (6)
7. Unforgettable by French Montana ft. Swae Lee (9)
8. Attention by Charlie Puth (7)
9. Believer by Imagine Dragons (8)
10. There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back by Shawn Mendes (10)
11. Slow Hands by Niall Horan (15)
12. Strip That Down by Liam Payne ft. Quavo (14)
13. Sorry Not Sorry by Demi Lovato (13)
14. Feel It Still by Portugal. The Man (18)
15. Bank Account by 21 Savage (12)
16. Rake It Up by Yo Gotti ft. Nicki Minaj (11)
17. Shape Of You by Ed Sheeran (16)
18. That's What I Like by Bruno Mars (17)
19. Mi Gente by J Balvin & Willy William (22)
20. XO TOUR Llif3 by Lil Uzi Vert (19)

Fell Off Top 20

21. ...Ready For It? by Taylor Swift (4)
22. Body Like A Back Road by Sam Hunt (20)

Big Gains (10+)

47. Unforgettable by Thomas Rhett (63)
71. Bad At Love by Halsey (81)

Moderate Gains (5 - 9)

24. I Get The Bag by Gucci Mane ft. Migos (31)
26. Young Dumb & Broke by Khalid (33)
32. What Ifs by Kane Brown ft. Lauren Alaina (40)
40. Thunder by Imagine Dragons (45)
54. The Weekend by SZA (61)
56. New Rules by Dua Lipa (62)
64. Havana by Camila Cabello ft. Young Thug (73)

Big Losses (10+)

21. ...Ready For It? by Taylor Swift (4)
37. Feels by Calvin Harris ft. Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry & Big Sean (23)
58. Transportin' by Kodak Black (46)
67. Sauce It Up by Lil Uzi Vert (57)
83. Versace On The Floor by Bruno Mars (71)
87. These Heaus by Bhad Bhabie (77)
90. Do I Make You Wanna by Billy Currington (80)
92. Swish Swish by Katy Perry ft. Nicki Minaj (55)
94. It Ain't My Fault by Brothers Osborne (83)
100. 444+222 by Lil Uzi Vert (79)

Moderate Losses (5 - 9)

16. Rake It Up by Yo Gotti ft. Nicki Minaj (11)
33. Congratulations by Post Malone ft. Quavo (24)
35. I'm The One by DJ Khaled ft. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance The Rapper & Lil Wayne (29)
41. Stay by Zedd & Alessia Cara (34)
55. The Way Life Goes by Lil Uzi Vert (47)
57. F**k Love by XXXTENTACION ft. Trippie Redd (49)
59. Silence by Marshmello ft. Khalid (54)
60. It's A Vibe by 2 Chainz ft. Ty Dolla $ign, Trey Songz & Jhene Aiko (51)
68. No Such Thing As A Broken Heart by Old Dominion (59)
72. Back To You by Louis Tomlinson ft. Bebe Rexha & Digital Farm Animals (64)
74. Fetish by Selena Gomez ft. Gucci Mane (65)
79. Everybody Dies In Their Nightmares by XXXTENTACION (70)
84. Drinkin' Problem by Midland (75)
91. Light It Up by Luke Bryan (85)
93. Wish I Knew You by The Revivalists (83)

Dropouts

My Girl by Dylan Scott (87, 39, 20 weeks)
Most Girls by Hailee Steinfeld (87, 58, 16 weeks)
Dark Queen by Lil Uzi Vert (91, 91, 2 weeks)
X by Lil Uzi Vert (93, 81, 2 weeks)
Neon Guts by Lil Uzi Vert ft. Pharrell Williams (94, 79, 2 weeks)
Revenge by XXXTENTACION (96, 77, 2 weeks)
Sky Walker by Miguel ft. Travis Scott (97, 97, 1 week)
Somebody Else Will by Justin Moore (98, 59, 13 weeks)
Reminder by The Weeknd (99, 31, 17 weeks)
No Fear by DeJ Loaf (100, 100, 1 week)

Returning Entries

97. No Complaints by Metro Boomin ft. Offset & Drake

New Entries

5. Too Good At Goodbyes by Sam Smith
44. Dusk Till Dawn by Zayn ft. Sia
62. Love So Soft by Kelly Clarkson
73. I'll Name The Dogs by Blake Shelton
80. Found You by Kane Brown
81. Gucci Gang by Lil Pump
85. No Limit by G-Eazy ft. A$AP Rocky & Cardi B
98. Pills And Automobiles by Chris Brown ft. Yo Gotti, A Boogie Wit da Hoodie & Kodak Black
99. Let Me Go by Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso ft. Florida Georgia Line & Watt

New and Returning Entries Ranked

1. Dusk Till Dawn

Well, color me surprised. This is much better than I thought it would be. An explosive beat, an actually solid performance from Zayn with the production being able to compliment his falsetto. Though Sia's writing does kinda become more noticeable in the second verse. Still, they have surprisingly good chemistry. I just love the chorus so much. Wasn't expecting this from Zayn at this point. Maybe there's hope yet.

2. No Limit

This beat is lit. It's mostly subbass but damn that percussion is on point. Rocky drops a sweet chorus and G-Eazy does alright too. And I guess Cardi B does alright too, but she doesn't start off that well. Damn, G, I haven't heard you bang this hard since I Mean It.

3. Love So Soft

Kelly takes a crack at soul, and it's surprisingly solid. It's saltry, and it's got a nice bass groove. Though I can't help but feel having half the chorus just being bass and light percussion is a mistake, though. That's where it should really pop, but the instrumentation gets dialed back for some reason. Ah well. Other than that, I like this a lot.

4. Too Good At Goodbyes

Okay, I'm confused. Sam's too good at goodbyes, but he feels sad that he's not with you anymore? Seems like a bit of a weird contradiction. Other than that, this isn't bad. It's sweet and somber. Sam's voice is still a bit too much for me at points, but the emotion and sadness is there. Definitely. One of Sam's better songs.

5. I'll Name The Dogs

Wedding song. Sure. Was this written about Gwen Stefani? Are they still together? The writing's solid for what it is, if nothing more than a list of different jobs for the new bride and groom. And the instrumentation's solid too, though the cadence is pretty similar to 2011's Honey Bee, as pointed out by Goog. But, whatever, this is probably Blake Shelton's best song in some time. And it apparently got him in drama with some dog account on Twitter or something. That was funny I think.

6. Found You

So, from what I can tell, this is a story about how Kane's friends took him out for a night out, away from his girlfriend (or possibly ex), and then he found someone new who's supposedly better. Alright. It's kinda close to being dickish, but doesn't quite get there, which I guess I appreciate. Like his other charting song What Ifs, though, it's still a bit synthetic for my liking when it comes to country. But eh. I don't mind this too much, I guess.

7. Let Me Go

Well this is awkward. I'm mostly talking about the drop, by the way. I thought Starving's drop was awkward, but uh...this is much more awkward. And much like that song the artist credit is kinda confusing. Too many artists who don't contribute much. FGL are on for like 20 seconds and don't add anything, I can't tell who Watt is supposed to be. This is just middling. Honestly I liked Most Girls a lot more than this.

8. No Complaints

Drake's streak of not being on the Hot 100 is over. And I don't care about this song. I've listened to it twice and I already know it bores me. So I hope you don't that I'm not gonna listen to it tonight. Saves time anyway.

9. Pills And Automobiles

Wet. Wet. Wet. Wet. Stop. Yeah, no surprise, this is repulsive. Beat is muted and dull, Chris is so autotuned on his verse that he's unrecognizeable. Yo Gotti does a thing and girls react to it I think. Boogie by fairs the best because he sounds like he's actually having some fun. Kodak is Kodak. Let this die please.

10. Gucci Gang

Can we...not make this kid a thing? Please? Generic bars that just repeat themselves over and over again. Dull, piano driven beat. Lil Pump just seems like a derivative of all other up and coming rappers that I don't like.

No comments:

Post a Comment