Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Billboard Hot 100 Highlights October 8th, 2016


Top 20

1. Closer by The Chainsmokers ft. Halsey (1)
2. Heathens by twenty one pilots (2)
3. Cold Water by Major Lazer ft. Justin Bieber & MØ (3)
4. Let Me Love You by DJ Snake ft. Justin Bieber (6) (Biggest Airplay Gainer)
5. Cheap Thrills by Sia ft. Sean Paul (4)
6. Treat You Better by Shawn Mendes (8)
7. Don't Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers ft. Daya (5)
8. Broccoli by D.R.A.M. ft. Lil Yachty (12)
9. We Don't Talk Anymore by Charlie Puth ft. Selena Gomez (13)
10. This Is What You Came For by Calvin Harris ft. Rihanna (7)
11. Ride by twenty one pilots (9)
12. Needed Me by Rihanna (11)
13. Send My Love (To Your New Lover) by Adele (10)
14. One Dance by Drake ft. WizKid & Kyla (14)
15. Too Good by Drake ft. Rihanna (16)
16. Gold by Kiiara (20)
17. Can't Stop The Feeling! by Justin Timberlake (18)
18. Side To Side by Ariana Grande ft. Nicki Minaj (19) (Biggest Streaming Gainer)
19. i hate u i love u by gnash ft. Olivia O'Brien (23)
20. Into You by Ariana Grande (17)

Fell Off Top 20

42. Perfect Illusion by Lady Gaga (15)

Big Gains (10+)

52. OOOUUU by Young M.A (67)
60. Blue Ain't Your Color by Keith Urban (73)
70. 1 Night by Lil Yachty (83)
74. May We All by Florida Georgia Line ft. Tim McGraw (86)
77. Black Beatles by Rae Sremmurd ft. Gucci Mane (96)
80. You Look Like I Need A Drink by Justin Moore (91)
84. X by 21 Savage & Metro Boomin ft. Future (98)

Moderate Gains (5 - 9)

26. This Girl by Kungs vs. Cookin' On 3 Burners (31) (Biggest Digital Sales Gainer)
32. No Limit by Usher ft. Young Thug (37)
43. Chill Bill by Rob $tone ft. J. Davi$ & Spooks (50)
55. No Problem by Chance The Rapper ft. Lil Wayne & 2 Chainz (63)
59. Middle Of A Memory by Cole Swindell (64)
65. Caroline by Aminé (70)
71. Move by Luke Bryan (80)
76. Come And See Me by PARTYNEXTDOOR ft. Drake (82)
79. I Know Somebody by LoCash (85)
81. Sleep Without You by Brett Young (89)
88. Do You Mind by DJ Khaled ft. Nicki Minaj, Chris Brown, August Alsina, Jeremih, Future, & Rick Ross (95)
93. You Was Right by Lil Uzi Vert (99)

Big Losses (10+)

34. The Greatest by Sia ft. Kendrick Lamar (24)
42. Perfect Illusion by Lady Gaga (15)
54. Peter Pan by Kelsea Ballerini (39)
62. Fade by Kanye West ft. Ty Dolla $ign & Post Malone (47)
63. All In My Head (Flex) by Fifth Harmony ft. Fetty Wap (52)
66. Me Too by Meghan Trainor (53)
72. Make You Miss Me by Sam Hunt (57)
73. I Got The Keys by DJ Khaled ft. Jay-Z & Future (59)
78. THat Part by ScHoolboy Q ft. Kanye West (66)
83. Wat U Mean (Aye, Aye, Aye) by Dae Dae (68)
90. Purple Lamborghini by Skrillex & Rick Ross (78)

Moderate Losses (5 - 9)

36. Never Be Like You by Flume ft. Kai (28)
48. Different For Girls by Dierks Bentley ft. Elle King (42)
51. Mama Said by Lukas Graham (46)
61. Money Longer by Lil Uzi Vert (54)
68. You & Me by Marc E. Bassy ft. G-Eazy (61)
69. Vice by Miranda Lambert (60)
75. A Little More Summertime by Jason Aldean (69)
82. Gangsta by Kehlani (74)
86. Why You Always Hatin? by YG ft. Drake & Kamaiyah (77)
92. My PYT by Wale (84)

Dropouts

Stressed Out by twenty one pilots (38, 52 weeks)
Don't Mind by Kent Jones (58, 20 weeks)
Rise by Katy Perry (72, 9 weeks)
Deja Vu by Post Malone ft. Justin Bieber (75, 1 week)
Make Me... by Britney Spears ft. G-Eazy (76, 9 weeks)
She's Got A Way With Words by Blake Shelton (79, 12 weeks)
Childs Play by Drake (87, 14 weeks)
American Country Love Song by Jake Owen (90, 17 weeks)

Returning Entries

97. goosebumps by Travis Scott ft. Kendrick Lamar
100. Lockjaw by French Montana ft. Kodak Black

New Entries

21. Forever Country by Artists Of Then, Now & Forever
24. My Way by Calvin Harris
40. Starboy by The Weeknd ft. Daft Punk
57. Juju On Dat Beat (TZ Anthem) by Zayion McMcall ft. Zay Hilfigerrr
87. Key To The Streets by YFN Lucci ft. Migos & Trouble
91. Cancer by twenty one pilots (91)

New and Returning Entries Ranked

1. Starboy
Expect this to be a pretty big hit. The Weeknd's back baby, and it is glorious. Daft Punk provide a great, spacey beat and The Weeknd's pretty on-point. It's incredibly catchy and very different from what The Weeknd usually does. Still, I'll definitely take it. Makes me wonder what the new album's gonna be like.

2. goosebumps
What did I say about this song before? I think I was unimpressed. But I think it's grown on me since then. Even if I think some of the out-of-tune instrumental and autotune seem a bit unnecessary. It's still got a nice groove and a verse from Kendrick Lamar.

3. Cancer
This is a My Chemical Romance cover for a compilation album dedicated to the band. I didn't initially like it, but on relisten, it's actually decent. It's very different from the original song, but I can appreciate how tøp made it their own. The somber piano is a slow burn but it works. Still, one of tøp's weakest songs. There's not really that much to it. I don't really want this to become a hit.

4. Lockjaw
I'm surprised this is back. But it will probably be gone against next week. I actually kinda like this song, but mostly for the instrumental. It's spacey and pleasant. The lyrics are nothing special though.

5. My Way
Eh. It's kinda catchy. But everything seems kinda half-assed. The beat's not exciting, Calvin Harris isn't a good singer, and the backing vocals don't even sound that interested. I can only see this as an attempt to capitalize on this year's dancehall trends. It's not awful, but it's kinda boring. Story of Calvin Harris' life.

6. Key To The Streets
I feel like I should hate this song more than I actually do. Yeah it's mediocre, but there's something in that instrumental. Even if it is horribly, horrible messy. It's catchy, but that's all it really has going for it.

7. Forever Country
This is doing nothing for nothing. I assume some of the lyrics are interpolations of old country songs. I recognized "I Will Always Love You" and "On The Road Again". Some of the artists featured here are good, some are not. You would think at first glance this was a charity single, but no, it's just in celebration of the CMA's anniversary. So it has less of a reason to exist. It's sappy and uninteresting. I take comfort in knowing it won't last long.

8. Juju On Dat Beat (TZ Anthem)
When I first saw the title I had to check to see that I was still looking at the US charts. Also I feel like a dance song like this SHOULD debut with a video to at least try to justify its existence. Aside from a somewhat catchy twinkle melody, this song has nothing to offer. And apparently it's another musical.ly trend. Musical.ly needs to die...

No comments:

Post a Comment