Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Billboard Hot 100 Highlights April 2nd, 2016


Rihanna might have the top spot again this week, but I'm hearing speculation that Lukas Graham will overtake her pretty soon. And I'm okay with that, I love 7 Years. So bring on a new Number 1! Oh, and we also have a debut. Can Ariana Grande recover after Focus underwhelmed and underperformed? Guess we'll find out soon. HIGHLIGHTS TIME!



Top 10

1. Work by Rihanna ft. Drake (1)
2. Love Yourself by Justin Bieber (2)
3. 7 Years by Lukas Graham (5)
4. Stressed Out by twenty one pilots (3)
5. My House by Flo Rida (4)
6. Pillowtalk by Zayn (6)
7. Me, Myself & I by G-Eazy x Bebe Rexha (7)
8. Sorry by Justin Bieber (8)
9. Cake By The Ocean by DNCE (9)
10. Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande (New)

Fell Off Top 10

11. I Took A Pill In Ibiza by Mike Posner (10)

Big Gains (10+)

23. Youth by Troye Sivan (58)
33. Panda by Desiigner (72)
38. Let It Go by James Bay (50)
42. Came Here To Forget by Blake Shelton (54)
75. Promise by Kid Ink ft. Fetty Wap (85)
77. Company by Justin Bieber (89)
83. Might Not by Belly ft. The Weeknd (94)

Moderate Gains (5 - 9)

26. Middle by DJ Snake ft. Bipolar Sunshine (31)
27. Oui by Jeremih (33)
32. You Should Be Here by Cole Swindell (38)
35. Low Life by Future ft. The Weeknd (43)
44. Drunk On Your Love by Brett Eldredge (49)
54. Don't Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers ft. Daya (63)
74. Cut It by O.T. Genasis ft. Young Dolph (80)
79. Lost Boy by Ruth B (87)
87. Cheap Thrills by Sia ft. Sean Paul (92)
90. Saved by Ty Dolla $ign ft. E-40 (95)

Big Losses (10+)

45. Same Old Love by Selena Gomez (35)
47. In The Night by The Weeknd (36)
61. Stand By You by Rachel Platten (47)
65. Adventure Of A Lifetime by Coldplay (53)
70. Piece By Piece by Kelly Clarkson (20)
72. Something In The Way You Move by Ellie Goulding (52)
82. I Know What You Did Last Summer by Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello (71)
85. Home Alone Tonight by Luke Bryan ft. Karen Fairchild (70)
89. Backroad Song by Granger Smith (65)
91. We Went by Randy Houser (75)
99. Break On Me. by Keith Urban (81)

Moderate Losses (5 - 9)

34. When We Were Young by Adele (28)
37. Say It by Tory Lanez (30)
39. Here by Alessia Cara (32)
48. Ex's & Oh's by Elle King (40)
50. Can't Feel My Face by The Weeknd (45)
51. Sugar by Robin Schulz ft. Francesco Yates (44)
56. Heartbeat by Carrie Underwood (48)

Dropouts

untitled 02 | 06.23.2014 by Kendrick Lamar (79, 1 week)
American Country Love Song by Jake Owen (83, 1 week)
untitled 07 | 2014-2016 by Kendrick Lamar (90, 1 week)
Watch Out by 2 Chainz (91, 11 weeks)
Get Ugly by Jason Derulo (97, 12 weeks)
Gotta Lotta by 2 Chainz ft. Lil Wayne (100, 1 week)

Returning Entries

97. Make Me Like You by Gwen Stefani

New Entries

10. Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande
55. Like I Would by Zayn
96. Ride by twenty one pilots
98. Light It Up by Major Lazer ft. Nyla & Fuse ODG
100. Fast Car by Jonas Blue ft. Dakota

New and Returning Entries Ranked

1. Ride
I have been wanting this to happen for a long time. I don't think this will be as big as Stressed Out but man this song is just awesome. Nice off-kilter rhythm paired with some intense instrumentals and vocal performances. I love it. Now get Lane Boy! 

2. Dangerous Woman
This should not work as well as it does. I'm buying Ariana's words despite my better judgment. Smoky production and a slick vocal performance goes a long way. So congrats, Grande, you've won me back after Focus. Now hope this doesn't suffer its same fate.

3. Make Me Like You
Yep I still like this. Pulls off the retro groove amazingly well. I'll never understand why people say this song is overproduced.

4. Fast Car
Wait, what? I recognize this song. Okay so this is a cover/remix. The version I'm familiar with is nowhere near as interesting as this one. Yeah, I'm probably gonna take tropical house music over adult contemporary. I'll take this one, no complaints.

5. Light It Up
Where do I know this one? Was it in a commercial? Yeah I think it was a car commercial. More tropical house n stuff. It's no Lean On, but eh, I can groove to this. It does kinda remind me of Bang My Head, so that's a plus.

6. Like I Would
In a week full of pretty good tropical EDM, this sits at the kid's table. Although it's a huge step up from It's You, it doesn't have a lot of personality. But for what it's worth, I guess it's fine. I'm kind of a sucker for music that sounds like this anyway.

1 comment: