Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Billboard Hot 100 Highlights December 26th, 2015


For a while now I've been making Word documents on the weekly Hot 100 charts. They list the Top 10 of that week along with changes in position of 5 or higher. They also include dropouts and new additions. Now I haven't really been doing these for anyone but myself, but I figured I might as well convert them to blog format. I'm not gonna go in depth into any of these categories except my ranking of the new and returning entries of the week, though. It's more of a documentation of the changes that took place. Also the rest of these won't have an intro. Now you know.

(x) represents a song's position the previous week.



Top 10

1. Hello by Adele (1)
2. Sorry by Justin Bieber (2)
3. Hotline Bling by Drake (3)
4. What Do You Mean? by Justin Bieber (4)
5. Love Yourself by Justin Bieber (7)
6. The Hills by The Weeknd (5)
7. Stitches by Shawn Mendes (6)
8. Here by Alessia Cara (8)
9. Same Old Love by Selena Gomez (10)
10. Like I'm Gonna Lose You by Meghan Trainor ft. John Legend (9)

Big Gains (10+)

19. In The Night by The Weeknd (37)
28. Stressed Out by twenty one pilots (45)
36. Me, Myself & I by G-Eazy x Bebe Rexha (66)
39. Adventure Of A Lifetime by Coldplay (54)
52. I Know What You Did Last Summer by Shawn Mendes ft. Camila Cabello (64)
55. My House by Flo Rida (70)
61. Stand By You by Rachel Platten (85)
67. Home Alone Tonight by Luke Bryan ft. Karen Fairchild (84)
68. Down In The DM by Yo Gotti (87)
72. Best Friend by Young Thug (86)
75. One Call Away by Charlie Puth (89)
82. New Americana by Halsey (96)
84. Irresistible by Fall Out Boy ft. Demi Lovato (95)

Moderate Gains (5 - 9)

29. Roses by The Chainsmokers ft. ROZES (36)
48. Hide Away by Daya (53)
53. Exchange by Bryson Tiller (60)
59. Stay A Little Longer by Brothers Osborne (65)
63. Cake By The Ocean by DNCE (72)
66. Back To Back by Drake (73)
71. I Got The Boy by Jana Kramer (77)
73. Top Of The World by Tim McGraw (78)
74. I Love This Life by LoCash (79)
86. Dibs by Kelsea Ballerini (91)
88. Right Hand by Drake (93)
91. Already Callin' You Mine by Parmalee (100)

Big Losses (10+)

31. Confident by Demi Lovato (21)
45. Hit The Quan by @iheartmemphis (35)
46. Drag Me Down by One Direction (33)
50. Renegades by X Ambassadors (40)
51. I'll Show You by Justin Bieber (34)
69. Nothin' Like You by Dan + Shay (51)
70. The Feeling by Justin Bieber ft. Halsey (57)
83. Smoke Break by Carrie Underwood (71)
85. Purpose by Justin Bieber (74)
90. Mark My Words by Justin Bieber (80)
95. Company by Justin Bieber (83)
99. Liquor by Chris Brown (82)

Moderate Losses (5 - 9)

24. Focus by Ariana Grande (17)
26. Watch Me by Silentó (18)
32. Perfect by One Direction (27)
33. Locked Away by R. City ft. Adam Levine (25)
35. Where Ya At by Future ft. Drake (29)
38. Where Are U Now by Skrillex & Diplo ft. Justin Bieber (31)
58. Lay It All On Me by Rudimental ft. Ed Sheeran (49)
76. Downtown by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Eric Nally, Melle Mel, Kool Moe Dee & Grandmaster Caz (67)
78. When We Were Young by Adele (69)
80. Strip It Down by Luke Bryan (75)
96. No Pressure by Justin Bieber ft. Big Sean (88)

Dropouts

My Way by Fetty Wap ft. Monty (43, 22 weeks)
I'm Comin' Over by Chris Young (44, 23 weeks)
Photograph by Ed Sheeran (50, 30 weeks)
How Deep Is Your Love by Calvin Harris & Disciples (55, 20 weeks)
Hallelujah by Jordan Smith (61, 1 week)
No Sense by Justin Bieber ft. Travi$ Scott (90, 3 weeks)
I'd Just Love To Lay You Down by Barrett Baber (92, 1 week)
Daddy by Psy ft. CL (97, 1 week)
Girls Just Want To Have Fun by Madi Davis (98, 1 week)
Let Me See Ya Girl by Cole Swindell (99, 18 weeks)

Returning Entries

44. Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree (1958) by Brenda Lee
87. $ave Dat Money by Lil Dicky ft. Fetty Wap & Rich Homie Quan
100. Beautiful Drug by Zac Brown Band

New Entries

21. Somebody To Love (Queen cover) by Jordan Smith
77. Hands To Myself by Selena Gomez
89. Dessert by Dawin ft. Silentó
93. Backroad Song by Granger Smith
94. Random by G-Eazy
97. Sorry by Rick Ross ft. Chris Brown
98. Drifting by G-Eazy ft. Chris Brown & Tory Lanez

Ranked

1.Somebody To Love
Holy crap I didn't think Jordan Smith could pull this song off but I was wrong. Pleasantly wrong. I consider this one of Queen's best songs, and this cover does it a lot of justice.

2. Drifting
Tory Lanez's first verse feels kinda weird but other than that I like this a lot. Even Chris Brown sounds alright. That's gotta count for something.

3. $ave Dat Money
This one keeps coming back, huh? I liked this the first time, still do. May not be nearly as good as Thrift Shop but it works for me in a weird way.

4. Random
This loses points with me when G-Eazy admits to getting whiny when he doesn't get what he wants, but other than that, the beat is tight and G has a lot of presence as always.

5. Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree
You can tell the Christmas music is really taking over when songs my parents weren't even alive for hit the charts. Reeks of 50s but there's much worse Christmas music out there.

6. Sorry
Weird that Chris seems regretful for cheating now. Not bad I guess? Not something I'd willingly go back to any time soon though.

7. Backroad Song
Does nothing for me. Not bad but I ain't gonna remember this. Maybe I could imagine this in a car commercial though?

8. Beautiful Drug
Still not feeling this one at all. The writing's just not good and the production isn't good.

9. Hands To Myself
I think this song is confused as to what it wants to be. Pretty much nothing about the production or Selena's vocals work here.

10. Dessert
Oh hey Silentó can sing/rap actual lyrics. This song still blows though. It's like they jammed two songs together. And that frickin chipmunk chorus...

No comments:

Post a Comment